Corney To Sell?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Corney today in the Chron:

“I would like to find a buyer. Hopefully it will be a lot more sellable with a new stand there. And I would want it to go to the right person.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/89814/latics-owner-ive-had-enough

I'm feeling a bit more comfortable about this if we take what's been said at face value.

His position hasn't really changed, it seems to me he's just using last weeks debacle now as a way of getting a bit of publicity that he's willing to sell. he can spread the word further now to any interested parties as at the moment this news is likely to be spread nationally.

Agreed. More than anything it's just nice that someone has acknowledged that maybe some things weren't done quite as well as they could have been and we aren't idiots for thinking that it could have been handled better. I feel like a burden has been lifted.

I am a tad confused by the personal statement.

He repeats the line of under estimating the fury, which he stated he did not the other day.

Matt Chambers has no reason to lie, does not have a record of overly sensationalising.

His quotes are in quotation marks, Corney would have grounds to sue if they were not said.

There is a world of difference between being on open sale and actively exiting.