Corney To Sell?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTFY

No in general, not necessarily on Rangers.

I think Corney could be very persuasive.

Ex Premiership club.

Only two seasons away from the prem.

Close to Manchester which to any American is one of the footballing capitals of Europe.

It's not a too uugly a club to an outsider with limited footballing knowledge and a decent amount of money.

No in general, not necessarily on Rangers.

I think Corney could be very persuasive.

Ex Premiership club.

Only two seasons away from the prem.

Close to Manchester which to any American is one of the footballing capitals of Europe.

It's not a too uugly a club to an outsider with limited footballing knowledge and a decent amount of money.

We have been 2 seasons away from the premier league for 19 seasons

Good!........he would be awesome, owner of Phoenix knights with an individual net worth of about $400m (£260m) However, my guess is he would be looking at clubs a little higher up in the food chain.

We can dream...............

Must go to Specsavers, I read it as Pheonix Nights and thought Peter Kay was buying the club.

He could have made a fortune buying Rangers with their potential. No chance of that here, he may not even see his money again.

Nonsense. Look at some of the club's with investment nowadays: Brentford, Bournemouth, Peterborough and Rotherham. These are all relatively similar sized clubs if not smaller. I for one think we could easily attract 7-8k crowds again with the right investment, our away to home ratios show the potential fan base and that's when we've spent 18 consecutive seasons languishing in this division.

Nonsense. Look at some of the club's with investment nowadays: Brentford, Bournemouth, Peterborough and Rotherham. These are all relatively similar sized clubs if not smaller. I for one think we could easily attract 7-8k crowds again with the right investment, our away to home ratios show the potential fan base and that's when we've spent 18 consecutive seasons languishing in this division.

Just because those clubs have had more success on the pitch and have spent money and have bigger crowds does not mean they turn in a profit in fact I doubt any of them do.

Just because those clubs have had more success on the pitch and have spent money and have bigger crowds does not mean they turn in a profit in fact I doubt any of them do.

The amount of assets that Peterborough have picked from non league and sold to higher division clubs for tenfold is staggering. They all have to operate under FFP so there losses will not be massive. How many clubs continually make a profit?

I used to go to school with Moog. Year above us and he was the scorer for Shaw St Pauls CC for years too.

Ditto - though he was in the same year as me (in fact he was the lead singer in a pretty awful band we pulled together for a sixth form review concert).

Genuine bloke, who loves the game of football (but sport in general) and was most definitely a hardcore Latics fan in his youth (though will obviously have affinities to Blackpool after 12 seasons).

So storm in a tea-cup is the summary.

As others have surmised, the situation hasn't changed but SC has got the message that the club is available at the right price has been broadcast to a wider audience following the recent media profile of the club.

No issues at all with that. Still think that SC is a good thing for Latics, but if there is someone out there with more money and the same level of commitment then so be it.

Sorry, i'm really a bit thick. The Chron says:

"Corney said yesterday that “enough is enough” for his 12-year association with the club, and that his interest has waned. His exit strategy most likely includes finding an appropriate buyer following completion of the new North Stand."

But Corney doesn't actually say any of that, just the same stuff we've heard for years. Or have I got that wrong?

Sorry, i'm really a bit thick. The Chron says:

"Corney said yesterday that enough is enough for his 12-year association with the club, and that his interest has waned. His exit strategy most likely includes finding an appropriate buyer following completion of the new North Stand."

But Corney doesn't actually say any of that, just the same stuff we've heard for years. Or have I got that wrong?

Nope, from what i've read it seems nothing has changed. Club is still for sale at the right price to the right person.

Evans situation has provided Corney with an opportunity to get that into the national news, gather more attention.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

In which the Chron is being dishonest and actually really unfair. Perhaps they should clarify......

The Chron are using actual quotes from Corney, he definitely said that stuff. He's clearly just sending any potential buyers a message through the media while reassuring fans on the official website.

Edited by dec666

The Chron quoted Corney and is clearly sticking by the original story with today's follow up. That would suggest that Corney said the things the Chron quoted earlier but has picked his dummy up and made a more considered statement since.

Its funny how in your mind Corney is always throwing toys and spitting dummies. He is always wrong in your eyes Stevie.

Can someone tell my on here why its known as the rarely wrong chronichle?

Its funny how in your mind Corney is always throwing toys and spitting dummies. He is always wrong in your eyes Stevie.

Can someone tell my on here why its known as the rarely wrong chronichle?

I think he's a dick. That's no secret.

I think he threw a wobbler and knows from past experience that threatening to walk away tends to get a lot of people back onside, after a :censored: up like last week.

The Chron quoted Corney and is clearly sticking by the original story with today's follow up. That would suggest that Corney said the things the Chron quoted earlier but has picked his dummy up and made a more considered statement since.

My take on it is the Chron took what he said and twisted it into a sensationalist headline to shift copies, whereas the official statement is more in line with the jist of it

Palmer1 someone could charge you with the opposite... no ?

I support him. My point was more about the toys out the pram, spat his dummy reference than anything else. I know exactly how's Stevie feels about Corny as I have asked before.

Also the rarely wrong is never believed unless it supports a negative argument on here.

If I or any of my fellow board members had received death threats then I would 'spit my dummy out' and would want out, Wouldnt you?

Or do we not believe that one...

Matt Chambers has ibviuosly spoken to Simon Cornet many times over the years.

Matt is no fake sheikh.

I tweeted Matt when did SC speak. He said the day before.

Think about it, they are in quotes. SCncould sue MC for false attributation.

Very least MC could lose his job.

I bet MC has it on tape.

SC was also comfortable in what he us saying.

The two do not contradict each other.

They are mutually beneficial, and SC has dine MC a huge favour giving him the scoop.