Rachubka Gone

His goals against ratio to games played in the last calender year was the second best of all League 1 keepers, just goes to show how some see the game differently, he makes mistakes show me a keeper who doesnt but take away the games Kenny played this season and we have one of the best defensive records in the league. It baffles me what some fans expect when we pay players peanuts.

Totally agree with you this time,can only wish the lad well for the future .

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems we analyse things far too much. Simply, with Rachubka in net we are a better team irrespective of who is the higher rated individual. It's the same in the case of Connor Browm, logic or no logic we get better results with him in the team.

Then you look at our record with Daniel Johnson who everyone considered to be a major improvement and it was terrible. He's also been on the losing side on his debut with Preston.

We try to play football manager and forget its a team game

His goals against ratio to games played in the last calender year was the second best of all League 1 keepers, just goes to show how some see the game differently, he makes mistakes show me a keeper who doesnt but take away the games Kenny played this season and we have one of the best defensive records in the league. It baffles me what some fans expect when we pay players peanuts.

Exactly - under rated cos he was bloody good at organising the back 4 - a massively overlooked part of the art of goalkeeping.

It's a shame he's gone.

I wasn't there on Saturday ('enjoying' watching Palace struggle to break down Everton) but by all accounts Kean had a good game - we said the same thing about Kenny after Rochdale. If Kean struggles or gets injured we could be a bit up the creek.

He's been very poor this season. He's lost us a lot of points and the manager clearly feels the same. Absolutely no ill feelings, though. Thanks for last season and good luck in your future, whether that be playing or coaching, Paul...

He's been very poor this season. He's lost us a lot of points and the manager clearly feels the same. Absolutely no ill feelings, though. Thanks for last season and good luck in your future, whether that be playing or coaching, Paul...

He's earned us a lot too. The team were picking up points all over the place...until Rachubka was dropped.

Disappointed to see him go. He would have been an excellent number two. He let in too many from long range for me but we will struggle to find a better alternative for emergencies.

That said, at his age you can't blame him for wanting to make the most of what's left of his career so good luck to him in finding a new club

He's earned us a lot too. The team were picking up points all over the place...until Rachubka was dropped.

disagree. It was getting to the point where he was being praised for average saves, bar Fleetwood I can't remember a decent performance. I attribute our poor for to the absence of Liam Kelly, he's our most important player by a country mile.

Good keeper and did well for us.

Made a mistake v Crawly we brought Kenny in and since i think Chubbs has looked a bit shaky at times. More a confidence thing than anything I think. For some reason Johnson hasn't rated him a for a bit now. Sure he will find another club.

Some folk really need to give their head a wobble if they think Chubs is one of the worst we've had or is mediocre at best. He's not the best we've ever had, but he's a good, solid keeper who makes the odd mistake and probably the best we've had since Pogliacomi. As for punching one in the net at Gillingham, someone knows feck all about goalkeeping.

He'll no doubt find another club; probably in League 1 and have a blinder against us before the season's out. Good luck, Paul. Thanks for the 13 clean sheets and the unbeaten run we had to keep us up last season. That wasn't coincidence. Oh well, that's one boo boy out of the club. Who do you pick on next? There's bound to be one.

Edited by Bristolatic

Decent keeper, our form turned last season when he got his turn, as it did this season when he got back in after Kenny. Hopefully we won't regret this, our current keepers now have just one appearance between them!

I assume you mean 1 appearance for Latics, as Kean has played league football for a number of clubs.

Some folk really need to give their head a wobble if they Chubs is one of the worst we've had or is mediocre at best. He's not the best we've ever had, but he's a good, solid keeper who makes the odd mistake and probably the best we've had since Pogliacomi. As for punching one in the net at Gillingham, someone knows feck all about goalkeeping.

He'll no doubt find another club; probably in League 1 and have a blinder against us before the season's out. Good luck, Paul. Thanks for the 13 clean sheets and the unbeaten run we had to keep us up last season. That wasn't coincidence. Oh well, that's one boo boy out of the club. Who do you pick on next? There's bound to be one.

Philiskirk. Haven't you got the memo yet?

Although, Brown is only one minor error from getting this spot back and George nearly got nominated, bloody hard work keeping up with which player in blue I'm supposed to be booing these days.

Philiskirk. Haven't you got the memo yet?

Although, Brown is only one minor error from getting this spot back and George nearly got nominated, bloody hard work keeping up with which player in blue I'm supposed to be booing these days.

They must have missed me off the mailing list. I'm still booing Guy Branston.

He might have asked for it if he rightly saw his arse at being a stop gap all the time

I think there is an element of this about it. Paul could see that Kean will be likely first choice for the rest of the season. He thinks he will be better off getting a new club, on a free, and playing regularly for them than sitting on our bench.

There may also be some minutiae in his contract that has affected this decision.

He wasn't the worse GK we've had, and he wasn't the best. I do think this could be a deal that is being done to suit both parties, as I would imagine he is on a good wage for someone who will in all likelihood be a back-up GK for a League 1 side.

How thin is the squad now? LJ's shifted a lot of wages this month, must be some serious cost cutting to avoid sales.

Out: Kenny, Jabo, Tidser, Dayton, Rachubka, Johnson

In: Brown, Mellis, Kean.

To my mind we now have 2 GKs, and 18 senior outfield players (inc Mellor, Locky, Turner who have barely played)