Philiskirk and Murphy were terrible in the first half but they had little to work with, Colchester flooded midfield and that's where latics lost the battle.

I think it was a poor formation today and LJ should have changed it sooner. As much as Jones wasn't really in the game in the first half, once we reverted to type in the second we missed his energy. Two of the subs were warranted but I was disappointed with Jones going off.

What's the coach Dean Holden's role in all this ? I fail to see what he has brought to the team that wasn't there before when it was just LJ and Tommy.

Can we really afford an extra wage that appears to add no value?

You probably know more than I do, but from the outside it seems difficult to lay much blame at Holden's door. Our record's been OK since he's been here and things don't seem to have changed drastically.

What's the coach Dean Holden's role in all this ? I fail to see what he has brought to the team that wasn't there before when it was just LJ and Tommy.

Can we really afford an extra wage that appears to add no value?

When you say 'all this', do you mean our recent run that has led us to now be sat in the play off places?

Jesus. I'm all for constructive criticism and there were plenty of poor things this afternoon but it's not like the coaching structure is rotten.

Edited by jsslatic

When you say 'all this', do you mean our recent run that has led us to now be sat in the play off places?

Jesus. I'm all for constructive criticism and there were plenty of poor things this afternoon but it's not like the coaching structure is rotten.

He's done nothing thats wasn't done before, tell me how he has altered the structure of play from earlier in the season?

We saw today the same tip tap backwards sideways passing that was prevalent then.

Three qualified coaches in the dugout - more like too many cooks.

He's done nothing thats wasn't done before, tell me how he has altered the structure of play from earlier in the season?

We saw today the same tip tap backwards sideways passing that was prevalent then.

Three qualified coaches in the dugout - more like too many cooks.

Surely being sat in a play off position suggests not a lot needs changing. Are you forgetting where we have been for the last five seasons?

Surely being sat in a play off position suggests not a lot needs changing. Are you forgetting where we have been for the last five seasons?

It doesn't need 3 first team coaches, why isn't 2 enough?

Too many chiefs spring to mind.

Edited by BP1960

Wasn't he simply a replacement in effect for Murray? three coaches all season is working for us.

No, Murray was reserve team coach and when the reserves league was disbanded there was no need for another coach.

Too many cooks IMO.

Edited by BP1960

Remember how LJ got credit for replacing Baxter with Philliskirk, lol

Remember when Jose Baxter scored 13 goals in the league in a season and had loads of assists.

Well this season he's scored 5 league goals and has 3 league assists.

Philliskirk has 4 league goals and 4 league assists.

Neither will count penalties won which end up in goals of which Philliskirk has quite a few.

Given the choice of Philliskirk and £300k, or Baxter I'm taking Tony's lad and the cash this season.

A straight swap and I might still take Danny due to his defensive qualities and as the stats show fairly even attacking qualities.

Remember when Jose Baxter scored 13 goals in the league in a season and had loads of assists.

Well this season he's scored 5 league goals and has 3 league assists.

Philliskirk has 4 league goals and 4 league assists.

Neither will count penalties won which end up in goals of which Philliskirk has quite a few.

Given the choice of Philliskirk and £300k, or Baxter I'm taking Tony's lad and the cash this season.

A straight swap and I might still take Danny due to his defensive qualities and as the stats show fairly even attacking qualities.

He has 3 goals and 3 assists in 29 league games this season.

I cannot understand this anti Phili mentality. He was not the one giving the ball away. Mellis Jones and especially Kelly were, Kelly was the one responsible for their first goal with his lousy clearance path. If you were not looking through blinkers you would see the difference when 2 of those 3 were replaced. Able to get decent ball higher up the pitch meant he suddenly became effective. The front of the diamond player should not be blamed when the three behind pass backward or just hoof it. Mellis in particular had a really lousy match. He consistently failed to find a blue shirt and against a better side would have given away a bag full of goals. Get a grip and watch the match not your prejudice,

Yesterday Philliskirk offered nothing at all; his shot near the end of the game was awful.

I am not anti-Philliskirk but yesterday was a very, very poor performance by him.

How he managed to stay on ahead of Jones I will never know.

Mind you how Kelly managed to stay on ahead of Jones I will never know as well

How he managed to stay on ahead of Jones I will never know.

I actually thought that Philiskirk would be one of the players replaced, but to suggest that Jones was better is just wrong.

He's been a very consistent performer but yesterday was one of two absolute stinkers I've seen him put out.

Bang on the money with Kelly though, very reminiscent of his early season form.