New Manager thread.

The season was effectively over after the Rochdale game, not sure why you have continued to put so much weight by what has happened since.

Every game matters to me, as it should to the managenent and players.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waaa waaa waaa waaaa waaaa!!!!

Something may or may not be happening that I don't have full possession of the facts about so I am going to make a judgement based on nothing about something that may not even come to light.

If it is Kelly he has more managerial experience than our last two full time appointments had when they were appointed and a similar amount as Tony Philiskirk, the man who most Latics fans would as manager.

Managing OAFC is not brain surgery, nor does it require oodles of previous experience but it does require nouse, intelligence, guts, drive and desire. Kelly's playing career suggests he either lives like a monk or is able to make not much money go a long way in his private expenses, he won't have made much cash out of his playing days with that career behind him. I'll take a frugal manager over one that spends like a drunken sailor on shore leave!

If it is Kelly then good luck to him, there are some good young prospects at the club that can be turned into a team next season before the cash from the new stand is added to the pot. I can't wait for the trademark backpeddling on here if he were to win his first three games.

Good post- He has a tough call and I am confident he would not have been chosen if the full board were not sure he could stand the pressure he will surely come in for after an inevitable bad run.

I think that retaining Holden shows loyalty from OAFC and I don't read it as a trademark that DH playing philosophy will stay on- I think we have played some of the worst football i have seen Latics play under DH but he is well liked by the club and players and is committed to OAFC and I see this as an opportunity to develop DH and also keep TP in the loop.

We have some good youth players as shown in the recent cup final win over MK and if we develop a new policy of playing these young players instead of the loanee's of the LJ era it would not be a bad thing.

I would rather see a new kid on the block ahead of someone who had brief success somewhere 10 years back and a string of failures since. I never felt Dowie or risler were realistic possibilities- I recall Corney's remaks at the point of the LJ appointment saying that Dowie was asking the earth.

If it is Kelly lets get behind him and give him a chance- I recall another Kelly being slaughtered early on and then being praised to the hilt thereafter

LJ didn't do too well until Tommy Wright came in an experienced assistant.

Next season we will have an under 9s coach managing us with an assistant who doesn't really know his arse from his elbow. I wouldn't mind an LJ type punt but I'd want Corney to have insisted on an experienced number 2.

I've reserved my ticket in the new stand... I'll be honest, I think I'm now taking a year out and will just do aways instead. I'm sure he's got the credentials and I'm sure Corney will justify the appointment. He might well go on to be a success. But for me, as a paying punter, at this moment in time, that isn't the appointment that justifies me stumping up part of my hard earned. Underwhelmed and I just think the club has missed a trick if Kelly gets it. There's a buzz that they've failed to tap into and it makes me question what the deal is to be honest.

This is similar to where I am. I'll go to some home games but pay on the day.

3 or 4 times every recent season they seem to test our support.

This dog:censored: appointment, if it happens, would be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

I'm mortified but hoping to be dazzled in some way at the end of season awards tomorrow.

I doubt I will be though and expect to be taking a season off. Not just because of this but because of it being the final straw in an accumulation of things.

It's my :censored:ing club, not theirs. I feel withdrawing my money short term is the only way to help my club long term.

I'll be ecstatic if Kelly is the best thing since sliced bread and makes me look a right :censored:. And I hope that's what will happen but I can't see it.

LJ didn't do too well until Tommy Wright came in an experienced assistant.

Next season we will have an under 9s coach managing us with an assistant who doesn't really know his arse from his elbow. I wouldn't mind an LJ type punt but I'd want Corney to have insisted on an experienced number 2.

I think the before and after results were pretty similar.

I think the before and after results were pretty similar.

Really? I certainly felt a change in things when Wright came. LJ clearly felt it helped and said so himself. Im more amazed at the choice of number 2 than the manager.

Really? I certainly felt a change in things when Wright came. LJ clearly felt it helped and said so himself. Im more amazed at the choice of number 2 than the manager.

Results at the end brought it closer together, Wright certainly had a positive impact.

Have to think keeping Holden on was part of the deal.

Waaa waaa waaa waaaa waaaa!!!!

Something may or may not be happening that I don't have full possession of the facts about so I am going to make a judgement based on nothing about something that may not even come to light.

If it is Kelly he has more managerial experience than our last two full time appointments had when they were appointed and a similar amount as Tony Philiskirk, the man who most Latics fans would as manager.

Managing OAFC is not brain surgery, nor does it require oodles of previous experience but it does require nouse, intelligence, guts, drive and desire. Kelly's playing career suggests he either lives like a monk or is able to make not much money go a long way in his private expenses, he won't have made much cash out of his playing days with that career behind him. I'll take a frugal manager over one that spends like a drunken sailor on shore leave!

If it is Kelly then good luck to him, there are some good young prospects at the club that can be turned into a team next season before the cash from the new stand is added to the pot. I can't wait for the trademark backpeddling on here if he were to win his first three games.

You must stop talking sense on here, full blown drama that's what we do.

And I was looking forward to a nice breakfast.

The chances of me being up at 7am on a Bank Holiday Monday are less than slim, breakfast or no breakfast, new manager or no new manager. And what football club makes that kind of announcement at 7 in the morning? The world has gone mad if all this is true.

I think the thing I find hardest to believe is that Kelly was the best of 120 candidates. Who the hell were the others?

Oh well, good luck Darren, if it's you. I think you're going to need it in bucketfuls.

I can't help but worry our luck is going to run out.

Dickov nearly saw us down, Johnson nearly took us down then did an average job in a poor league this season.

This guy is definitely worse than the last two options on paper.

This guy is definitely worse than the last two options on paper.

Except he has some, admittedly very limited, coaching experience. Whilst Dickov was a good forward and Johnson's dad was a manager.