New Manager thread.

Corney, Owen and Co all fervently looking at their phones for the last 5 mins or so too ..

Probably creaming that the league looks so northern with MK dons, Bristol, Yeovil, Colchester and Leyton orient out and Blackpool, Wigan, bury, burton, Shrewsbury and Millwall (only exception) in.

That will add a fair few to the average attendance I imagine next season as non of the teams leaving are big away followers either

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A slap in the face for Holden. How he must feel.

With the right appointment I was considering a season ticket in the new stand even though I only get to 2 - 3 games per year. Not now. It will take a good run and some reported entertaing play to get me back.

That's absolute bollocks. He'd played in the Championship for years and played against us a few times. Any lower league fan worth their salt will have known who he was...

I would guess he is talking manager-like.

Nobody really had a clue who LJ was in the coaching world.

Kelly would be even more of a left-field than Ashworth would've been. I can understand why Corney has gone for this type of appointment but the problem is that sooner rather than later we'll go so far left-field that we'll find ourselves out of the ball park altogether, so to speak.

Anyone know what the refund policy on season tickets is? I feel robbed by this apparent incoming appointment. I've shown more ambition buying Andrex Toilet paper for the bog than Asda's own branded!!! Disappointed...

Hurrah. A new contender for OWTB's worst comparison/analogy/metaphor.

I keep seeing this comparison to the LJ appointment, as if he turned us into world beaters or something?

I still don't know what he actually achieved with us? Made us a bit less :censored:e :censored:e the bloke before him?

I keep seeing this comparison to the LJ appointment, as if he turned us into world beaters or something?

I still don't know what he actually achieved with us? Made us a bit less :censored:e :censored:e the bloke before him?

Took us from the relegation zone to ninth, two points off the playoffs.

It's fair to say that was decent progress, especially given the harbingers of doom that greeted his appointment.

Jesus, I am underwhelmed as everyone else if this is true, but give him bloody chance for gods sake.

Asking for a refund of a Season Ticket is madness, for all we know he may be just the manager we need to take us to the next level

Will give him the benefit of my doubt because he is our new Manager. Immediate reaction was being reminded of the episode of Father Ted when Ted and Dougal win the Irish song for Europe competition with a crap song because the organisers wanted an excuse to no longer enter the Eurovision Song Contest

That behemoth of the game Matthew Tipton says Kelly is very well regarded within the industry.

Make of that what you will.

Which added to the Uefa Pro badge means he's getting the job, they haven't just pulled in a guy from the streets.