New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to know exactly what Kelly did to become highly regarded.

How can he be highly regarded when he has never even managed a men's football team.

People who worked with him on coaching courses, managers at clubs he's done assignments at.

Thats how LJ got the job anyway.

Doesn't matter whether it is Darren Kelly or A N Other!

This move would represent a new direction for the club than with Judas. Johnson has self belief 10 times bigger than his small stature and believes he can play this managerial game with the best of them.

Kelly, as mentioned in previous posts is a highly regarded youth coach. This would lead you to expect that he would work more closely with Tony Philliskirk in bringing more youth players through to the first team.

I would imagine that the reserve team will be reformed and there will be far less loan deals from next season, it will be a long term strategy therefore we should forget about the top of the league for a while.

Lets hope then he has his own tactics and doesn't use Dean's then. Would have much preferred Holden going back to a coach rather than his assistant if true

Again though, we need to give them a chance before we get on their backs

Come on Oldham...

Kelly would be even more of a left-field than Ashworth would've been. I can understand why Corney has gone for this type of appointment but the problem is that sooner rather than later we'll go so far left-field that we'll find ourselves out of the ball park altogether, so to speak.

That's how I feel, I fear this appointment maybe just to left-field to work hope it does as always getting a season ticket regardless.

As a fan of our club all you have is hope. This appointment if true is concerning. My ST renewals will cost £1100. A decision governed by the heart not the head. For the first time in 25 years I may have to listen to head. If rumours of the playing assets being stripped again and an underwhelming appointment imminent is the best I can hope for 56 points and survival? With the new stand should be optimism. This is a masterclass on how to remove the gloss.

As usual we will back whoever comes in. Personally I will now not be taking my ST option at this stage, but will look and see what the summer brings. If the team is stripped again I cannot see myself doing anything more than picking my games.

Stuff the "not one person is bigger than the club" suggestion. If this appointment is true then anyone who has bought a ST already deserves the chance to get a refund.

This appointment smacks of a lack of ambition by the owners and another roll of the dice trying to replicate the success of Johnson. I can't see Holden as assistant working either - messed up his chance to be manager, demonstrated that he hasn't got it and the owners not giving him the position suggests they don't have any faith either. If it was a two-horse race between two existing employees then you have an excuse but bringing in an unknown and demoting Holden won't display much confidence.

Unfortunately I agree that this has struggle or even relegation written all over it.

The fans have shown commitment by buying STs; the owners have failed to mirror that same commitment. The fans love the club but when your loyalty is tested then it's unfair to throw emotional blackmail at fans if they wish to have a refund.

This season has done me...i'm glad to see the end of it and the decision now whether to renew a season ticket i've had for many years could be the hardest i've had to make.

I've spent thousands of pounds over the years blindly supporting the club but for multiple reasons this year, i just feel like something has been lost.

Dont get me wrong, i love the club as much as i have since i started going 25 years ago but i just dont have that spark for me to part with more money. I've switched between yes n no multiple times and had some optimism earlier this week but hearing the latest news on kelly...i just cant see me being there every week next year....this is oldham though so who knows....

Assuming it's confirmed, it's hardly inspiring.

But let's get behind them and give them a fair chance.

Here here - we will all be chomping at the bit again come the first friendly, no need for any toys to thrown out at this stage.

@IanCheeseman: It's looking like Darren Kelly assisted by Dean Holden next season @OfficialOAFC - but unconfirmed for now

Enough for me today when Holden still played one up front and sideaways passing against 10 men. This parnership if true smacks of a 2 for the price of 1 deal.

Edited by BP1960

So it's taken around 4 months to appoint a total nobody with the caretaker as assistant.

They've created a bit of buzz around the stand, started selling season tickets in line with that while they've waited to announce this until everybody has bought them.

Unless there's some miraculous gift this new bloke has got we're in store for another 'learning' season, where we have to cut them slack because they're new to management, and all that :censored:.

This manager is just a Corney excuse for another 15-19th place season in 2015/16.

Enough for me today when Holden still played one up front and sideaways passing against 10 men. This parnership if true smacks of a 2 for the price of 1 deal.

Tuohy played quite an advanced role when he first came on, before the game smothered him.