New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers_ 3m3 minutes ago

Am told that Darren Kelly was at the game today and expect him to be named as the new #oafc manager.

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers_ 1m1 minute ago

Dean Holden likely to stay on as Kelly's assistant. #oafc

Edit: IceStation put it before me. The sod!

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

So SC went through over 100 applicants, got to the bottom of the barrel and then smashed through and kept on going until he reached a new low. I mean, come on. An absolute nobody who has coached 10 year old kids. Is this serious? I'm angry, frustrated and totally pissed off. We could've really moved forward with a bit of investment and a manager like Dowie (or maybe Rosler, or Redfearn), or someone similar. Aspin or Deveonshire would have had some merit. We reject Yates because we thought he would be crap, but at least he had experience and two play-offs.

I mean, FFS. A kiddies coach who never even played at a decent level - how utterly crap is that. This is embarrassing.

Well, i'll just carry on picking matches. ST investment will reflect SCs ambition - there won't be any.

Every time you think we might, just might be moving forward we end up going backwards.

Some of you might sit there and accept any old :censored: thrown at you, but I suspect the crowds will be down to 2,000-2,500 next season.

Makes me wonder how successful businessmen come into football and make these sort of decisions, very much doubt he'd appoint an inexperienced manager when looking at his company, so why do it with the Club. Until we get an honest transparent approach from corney, truth is we will never know. For all his positive comments during fans forums and radio interviews, he really shows no ambition for the club, the club needs some new voices in the boardroom and a new approach on how to engage with the fans and the community and fast!

Makes me wonder how successful businessmen come into football and make these sort of decisions, very much doubt he'd appoint an inexperienced manager when looking at his company, so why do it with the Club. Until we get an honest transparent approach from corney, truth is we will never know. For all his positive comments during fans forums and radio interviews, he really shows no ambition for the club, the club needs some new voices in the boardroom and a new approach on how to engage with the fans and the community and fast!

It's almost as if they know more about him than just looking at his Wikipedia page.

Apart from the stand, backing each manager in August, then again in January what does this "ambition" that he isn't putting in look like? Due to the rules he can't spunk millions of pounds and each time fans flounce off it further limits the money he can spend.

Catch 22.

After some of the names mentioned you can understand why so many are frustrated, despondent and angry if Kelly is to be manager.

Supporters are quick to analogise the WTF moment with us signing Johnson and even the likes of Adkins. I can understand this to a point and to allow him the chance to prove us wrong but we signed Johnson when we were rock bottom. Different situation now and a "known" like Dowie is why people are hacked off with the owners gambling with an unknown.

Would love to be proved wrong but IF he's still here in 12 months, I believe we'll be lower than we finished today and on less points.

Matt Chambers ‏@Matt_Chambers_ 3m3 minutes ago

Am told that Darren Kelly was at the game today and expect him to be named as the new #oafc manager.

Matt Chambers ‏@Matt_Chambers_ 1m1 minute ago

Dean Holden likely to stay on as Kelly's assistant. #oafc

Edit: IceStation put it before me. The sod!

Holden as assistant sounds a like for like philosophy,thats enough for me not to bother next season. You can all look forward to more boring tactics, at 70 years of age I think its time to call it a day, us dinasuars are getting tired and weary. Edited by BP1960

If it was a mid season replacement it would be bad enough but at the start of what should be a new dawn for the club I'm absolutely shell shocked....words fail me.

I was absolutely buzzing on Wednesday at the open day, everybody was so optimistic about the new season, there was such a positive vibe around the place, the likes of which I've not witnessed since the heady days of the early 90's.

Less than a week later I'm sat here at home utterly, utterly, gob smacked.....words fail me, we will be lucky to sell 2000 ST's.

If I could get a refund on mine I would seriously consider it.

It's almost as if they know more about him than just looking at his Wikipedia page.

to be fair no one does, most of us fans have more managerial experience through football manager and fifa!

Seriously though, anyone who says this is a good appointment is mad, this was the time were everything had the chance to come together, just needed to be positive, summary of next season=15th place, learning curve, low attendance, loan players coming and going, youth not given chance

The problem with trying to seed youth is it takes time and patience...something fans will never allow a manager especially someone who's head is on the block from day 1...

Pressure will eventually make him cave to finding instant solutions and that means loanees!

to be fair no one does, most of us fans have more managerial experience through football manager and fifa!

Seriously though, anyone who says this is a good appointment is mad, this was the time were everything had the chance to come together, just needed to be positive, summary of next season=15th place, learning curve, low attendance, loan players coming and going, youth not given chance

Actually I think quite the opposite and youth will have a big part to play next season and will be the main reason for this appointment. However can you imagine starting the season with a string of defeats!!!!

Holden as assistant sounds a like for like philosophy,thats enough for me not to bother next season. You can all look forward to more boring tactics, at 70 years of age I think its time to call it a day, us dinasuars are getting tired and weary.

Think theres a few more threads on the front page alone where you haven't posted this.

Actually I think quite the opposite and youth will have a big part to play next season and will be the main reason for this appointment. However can you imagine starting the season with a string of defeats!!!!

In which case they will both be sacked and an 'experienced' but cheap man brought in.

Maybe some are waiting to see the reasons why we've decided to appoint him.

I really hope so, only problem with this is Kelly and Holden have no experience of properly blooding kids and know how to protect them, also negative football is not what young lads flourish in, need enthusiasm to be encouraged but playing across the middle with one up top I can't see working? When will we get someone in who just goes for it and attack teams properly, so bloody depressing