New Manager thread.

Not impressed by Kelly if he is indeed the new manager, but will still be buying a ticket for next season. Dont like the fact that Holden who is basically a rookie is the assistant to a full blown rookie. Massive gamble by Corney and will probably have an impact on season ticket sales.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 months the guys leaving because he's been a success or sacked because he's bobbins...when did we become some sort of managerial feeder club for the league...

But now we have the new stand its all going to be different, managers will stay and players will not be sold :OASISscarf:

Took us from the relegation zone to ninth, two points off the playoffs.

It's fair to say that was decent progress, especially given the harbingers of doom that greeted his appointment.

Then we dropped like a brick from around Christmas time as per....once teams had sussed us out.

Unfortunately the 100 day plan didn't come with a plan B

Not impressed by Kelly if he is indeed the new manager, but will still be buying a ticket for next season. Dont like the fact that Holden who is basically a rookie is the assistant to a full blown rookie. Massive gamble by Corney and will probably have an impact on season ticket sales.

That is the problem, there is enough of you among the fanbase to ensure that the lads in charge don't have to show any ambition.

That is the problem, there is enough of you among the fanbase to ensure that the lads in charge don't have to show any ambition.

Been going for 35 years and im in it until the end. Common sense says it would be better to go elsewhere but we know that is not going to happen for a lot of the hardcore support.

We were told this week that the increased revenue from the new stand wouldn't kick in until the season after next. Maybe we have to wait until then to get a decent appointment. I'm sure we can put up with one more crap season before the good times kick in?

Not impressed by Kelly if he is indeed the new manager, but will still be buying a ticket for next season. Don't like the fact that Holden who is basically a rookie is the assistant to a full blown rookie. Massive gamble by Corney and will probably have an impact on season ticket sales.

As both Johnson and Wright left, there would still be a vacancy for an experienced assistant manager or coach. Or am I clutching at straws?

Wasn't intended as an insult.

Didnt think it was, your point is correct though. I'm sure the club know or should I say they are quite certain that they will shift a certain amount of season tickets even if they put Barry Owen in charge.

With this in mind they will appoint a managerial team who will work to a rigid financial structure.

One thing that i would like to see is a complete list of applicants for the managerial postion.

There must have been some real clowns on there !

The quote of "best ever applicants" is a joke if we got down to picking between Holden, Ashworth, Yates and Kelly.

Not realy. Just because somebody applied doesnt actually make them a conteder.

Didnt we have something like 100 applicants ? Those four names dont inspire much confidence do they ? If Holden had never played for us there is a strong chance that most fans would have never heard of any of these guys.

As both Johnson and Wright left, there would still be a vacancy for an experienced assistant manager or coach. Or am I clutching at straws?

Some may say we have drawn the short straw here

I've reserved my ticket in the new stand... I'll be honest, I think I'm now taking a year out and will just do aways instead. I'm sure he's got the credentials and I'm sure Corney will justify the appointment. He might well go on to be a success. But for me, as a paying punter, at this moment in time, that isn't the appointment that justifies me stumping up part of my hard earned. Underwhelmed and I just think the club has missed a trick if Kelly gets it. There's a buzz that they've failed to tap into and it makes me question what the deal is to be honest.

I imagine the deal won't be announced for a few days as it will take some time publishing the announcement with the relevant justification to this one! Announcement bingo:

- Kelly really impressed at interview with his level of research

- Kelly comes highly regarded from 3 top flight managers

- Kelly brought to interview a full report of all our youth players from 9-18 and ear marked those that could be sold on for undisclosed fee

- Kelly will work closely with TP and bring youth into first team instead of loanees

- Kelly has UEFA Pro license

Quotes I bet don't get mentioned:

- Kelly was cheap as chips and will work with a tiny budget

-

Waaa waaa waaa waaaa waaaa!!!!

Something may or may not be happening that I don't have full possession of the facts about so I am going to make a judgement based on nothing about something that may not even come to light.

If it is Kelly he has more managerial experience than our last two full time appointments had when they were appointed and a similar amount as Tony Philiskirk, the man who most Latics fans would as manager.

Managing OAFC is not brain surgery, nor does it require oodles of previous experience but it does require nouse, intelligence, guts, drive and desire. Kelly's playing career suggests he either lives like a monk or is able to make not much money go a long way in his private expenses, he won't have made much cash out of his playing days with that career behind him. I'll take a frugal manager over one that spends like a drunken sailor on shore leave!

If it is Kelly then good luck to him, there are some good young prospects at the club that can be turned into a team next season before the cash from the new stand is added to the pot. I can't wait for the trademark backpeddling on here if he were to win his first three games.