Full Time: Yeovil Town 2 Oldham Athletic 1

SAME OLD... SAME OLD!!!!! ... a good midweek result followed by an away disappointment against BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE Yeovil

90+7 DISSALLOWED GOAL TOO

WHY WHY WHY!!!

New Manager in this week please Simon Corney!!!

WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG AGAINST LOWER LEAGUE SIDES!!!!!!!

OH HOW LEE JOHNSON AND TOMMY WRIGHT LAUGH (PROBABLY)

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

We're 15 th now scumbags 7th

Why obsess about Barnsley? Their recent form has naff-all to do with Johnson.

They'll realize that when he starts tinkering with the team and formations, and it all goes tits up.

As long as Latics attain the required safety points tally and get a new manager installed, sooner rather than later, then we can relax a little.

Let's face it, the play-offs are not really going to happen with the current inconsistencies.

Edited by Wardie

The joys of if. Another injury time goal conceded and it was always going to be Hayter! Fuk me being a fan of this club is annoying. Would of taken a draw before hand, Lockwood going off along with the 10 men, was always happening. Playy-offs for me have been gone for a while, two more wins for safety and 15th, 16th again most likely.

Move onto next Sat, new manager (pray to jebus that we have someone in) and Barnsley who have 4 wins on the bounce or maybe 5 and see how we go cause lets be honest with us it could be 4-0 or 0-4.

Brian Wilson's recent performances, especially away, have been pathetic.

The first goal was fortuitous but not one defender reacted to the rebound. The second was coming with 10 men and Lockwood off the pitch.

Well that was very disappointing.

We got what we deserved in the end after a rubbish second half. 1st half we did well not to concede and Winchester's goal (good move and well taken by Carl) was a bonus as the wind was a nightmare for us to play into. Yeovil had a lot of chances from set pieces but didn't capitalise. At half time I thought we had weathered the storm (or wind) and we'd use pace to hit them on the break. Unfortunately we had no intention to do that and pretty much just sat back and invited pressure onto us. Kean made a good save onto the post but only the Yeovil player followed up for their 1st and their 2nd was a scrappy close range finish after a penalty shout. Wilson's sending off was the right decision although the ref didn't do it immediately, he was sold short by Dieng though. We managed the game poorly in the 2nd half and while the players should take a lot of the blame, Holden should take his fair share too.

Kean - fairly good, a few very good saves. Kicking was massively affected by the wind.

B Wilson - didn't play well but had a difficult job against Grant. Stupid 1st booking for some afters, probably shouldn't have made the tackle but he was put in a difficult position. Will struggle to get back in.

Lockwood - not far off man of the match. The defence looks so much more assured with him in and shaky without. I understand why he was taken off but we missed him

J Wilson - OK. Can't lead a defence yet though.

Brown - clumsy with the ball at his feet (the moment where he took it past his winger then tripped up and sat on the ball was priceless!) but more than adequate defensively.

Poleon - not impressed. Doesn't offer much and he isn't as quick as I expected. We should've played him through the middle in the 2nd half.

Winchester - MOTM for being very tidy on the ball and a very good finish. Not sure he can play in a midfield two in the centre regularly as he's not quite physical enough.

Kelly - did OK, didn't make a huge impact though.

Jones - clearly out of position on the left and didn't get on the ball much. Free kicks were ineffective.

Philliskirk - low on confidence and anonymous. I've seen him play well in the past but he's not showing anything at present.

Forte - looked a threat when the ball was near him but didn't do a lot really. Should've been used better in the 2nd half.

Dieng - not particularly comfortable when he came on. Lockwood's are big shoes to fill.

Wilkinson - disappointed.

Murphy - the disallowed goal at the end showed that he got in the right positions but was on the fringes of the game a lot of the time.

Ref - not particularly good, a lot of annoying inconsistent decisions. EDIT: we didn't help ourselves however by putting in one of the most petulant team performances that I've seen from any Latics side.

Holden - did a good job getting the team organised in the first half. Didn't capitalise in the 2nd half and missed a few tricks. He hasn't done badly overall but nor is he ready to be a manager yet.

To be honest, on that showing I'm far from convinced that we are any where near the playoffs regardless of who the manager is. The players just don't look good enough. Yeovil will probably go down as they weren't particularly good, although Grant was skilful and Arthurworrey was a tank.

Mid table (or below) beckons I think. The sooner we get 2 wins to avoid a relegation battle the better.

Final word goes to the travelling fans who were great in number and voice. Athletico's were great for the most part but some of the songs were a bit suspect at the end! Hope the lad with his top off all game has started to warm up!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Well that was very disappointing.

We got what we deserved in the end after a rubbish second half. 1st half we did well not to concede and Winchester's goal (good move and well taken by Carl) was a bonus as the wind was a nightmare for us to play into. Yeovil had a lot of chances from set pieces but didn't capitalise. At half time I thought we had weathered the storm (or wind) and we'd use pace to hit them on the break. Unfortunately we had no intention to do that and pretty much just sat back and invited pressure onto us. Kean made a good save onto the post but only the Yeovil player followed up for their 1st and their 2nd was a scrappy close range finish after a penalty shout. Wilson's sending off was the right decision although the ref didn't do it immediately, he was sold short by Dieng though. We managed the game poorly in the 2nd half and while the players should take a lot of the blame, Holden should take his fair share too.

Agree with this. We lost it at half time. That wind looked like a nightmare to play into and we should have taken that into account and put them under pressure like they did us. Getting in at half time 1 up was a great result in those conditions.

2nd half we could have tried balls over the top into the channels for the pace of forte and poleon but instead we sat back and protected the lead and invited them on.

Really disappointing.

Must say that Wilkinson is a very lucky boy. Can't believe he didn't get sent off for that gesture to the ref.

Some really odd/disturbing comments from the Yeovil commentary team about the Oldham players looking uninterested and not looking like they wanted to be there or enjoying themselves! Suggesting that the players perhaps felt they had no direction, maybe 'cos they are between managers. Anybody there who felt the same?

Some really odd/disturbing comments from the Yeovil commentary team about the Oldham players looking uninterested and not looking like they wanted to be there or enjoying themselves! Suggesting that the players perhaps felt they had no direction, maybe 'cos they are between managers. Anybody there who felt the same?

I wonder if this new manager rumour I heard today is true and affecting them?

I'd be inclined to agree with them, I thought that was an atrocious "performance" and an insult to those of us that drove hundreds of miles yet again to watch a bunch of players who, like #man, clearly don't give a f*#k about this club.

We had a gale force wind at our backs second half and didn't manage a shot......pathetic

Honestly I don't think it was a lack of effort, I just thought that most of that team was pretty :censored: and didn't get it right tactically.

Honestly I don't think it was a lack of effort, I just thought that most of that team was pretty :censored: and didn't get it right tactically.

Think that is it really.

People always want to find an excuse or reason behind everything, fact is it that it is an ordinary bunch of players who are capable of good days, equally capable of bad days too.

Again I agree! There was effort and there was frustration with the ref and they looked gutted at the end.

We just got it all wrong tactically in the 2nd half.

Far too inconsistent.Best we can hope for is top half finish and a new manager who can motivate the team and get a big physical striker signed up.The singers will have to add another year to that song.Just praying that we can stop Johnson from doing us over.

Again I agree! There was effort and there was frustration with the ref and they looked gutted at the end.

We just got it all wrong tactically in the 2nd half.

Tactics......what tactics, a few shots at goal would maybe help......1 atempt on target in 90 minutes is an insult to the traveling fans.

Port Vale was the same but we scraped a win,

LJ has apparently left us In a much better position than the one he inherited.....I'm not so sure.

Our problems are still at both ends of the pitch!!

Edited by oafc1955

I hope the next manager can get rid of this negative mindset. One up front at Yeovil and not throwing the kitchen sink at them when we had wind assistance was poor tactics IMO.

Edited by BP1960