kean

Kasunga, Lockwood, Sadler

Brown

Dieng

Winchester Jones

Philliskirk Forte

Wilkinson

Lopsided diamond with Brown pushing forward at every opportunity - I'm presuming Sadler won't have the legs to give us width so Jones/Mellor off bench slants left for cover, Forte can roam left and centrally.

Philli replaces Poleon but leans inside with a left-drifting midfield and works with the over-lapping Brown.

Both Philli and Forte work off Wilkinson centrally and try to create some through-ball magic via Winchester. what goals Philli has scored, quite a few have been from a right-sided position - and he created two at Dale from working that channel. He needs to be on the far post as an extra forward if ever, God forbid, we get the chance to swing a cross in from the left.

Christ we're screwed...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all know the outcome today, but maybe there is less pressure on us. You know how we deal with pressure.

All I ask is whichever players we field, that they put a shift in and we will roar them on.

We maybe few but we are mighty

Time to roar the lads on and be the 12th man

it's like going out with a bird your well into for 2 years

but then she drops you an the next day she's with someone else

I don't hate the bloke but he broke our hearts

typical latics we,ll win tomorrow

Well into? He gave cause for optimism but certainly showed major flaws.

Broke our hearts? He irritated the hell out of me by leaving as I think we are better off with him than without him. My heart is fine though.

Edited by opinions4u

it's like going out with a bird your well into for 2 years

but then she drops you an the next day she's with someone else

I don't hate the bloke but he broke our hearts

typical latics we,ll win tomorrow

Would it make it any easier if she told you the new bloke had more money and better prospects?

Is it only me who doesn't really believe certain players are injured, 2 of the players who will definitely be playing for Johnson next year. If we were still seriously in the play off chase and Jonno was still here my guess is these players would be declaring themselves fit to play!! 'Go hard or go home' springs to mind.

Any need for the abuse really?? May be the lack of information that the club give out that makes me a bit synical, as always I will be there 100% behind the team and can't wait for this afternoon!!

But they have given you information - the players are injured

"It wasn't a massive shock," said Holden.

"Barnsley, if you look at their infrastructure, training facilities, budget, the size of the crowds they get - they are underachievers if you look at it from the outside. All day long they are a Championship club.

"He was probably seeing at it as a good time to get a club like that where you can put a few things in place and move them forward quickly."

Full-back Brown revealed their former manager still has the respect of the Latics dressing room.

"It was kind of a surprise but then it's a big opportunity to go to a club like Barnsley," he admitted.

"No disrespect to Oldham but they've got a miles bigger budget than Oldham. It's taking a chance and who knows?

"He's done well for Oldham so I don't think he should get a bad reception. Some fans might give him a bad one, some fans might give him a good one, but we just need to concentrate on our game and not let that get in our sights.

"There might be players who haven't been playing who might play Saturday who want to prove they should have been playing under him but really we respect Lee."

I'm really revved upfor the game today now, thanks lads....

I'm really revved upfor the game today now, thanks lads....

To be fair, he was their mate, and people don't just say what they want in press conferences now, it's about not getting fined and not making an embarrassment of yourself.

I'm sure they all have a very different view in the changing room and would love nothing more than to walk off today as winners.

To be fair, he was their mate, and people don't just say what they want in press conferences now, it's about not getting fined and not making an embarrassment of yourself.

I'm sure they all have a very different view in the changing room and would love nothing more than to walk off today as winners.

Of course, would rather they opted not to field questions about him though.

Anyway, I'm strangely confident for this game today, form book obviously screams away win but I'm hoping a bit of siege mentality kicks in.