Fan on the board

Dear all

The committee decide at the time of the resignation, not to appoint right away as it would only have been an short term intrim measure as the AGM was up and coming. A decision was made to share the representation up to the AGM when the successful candidate could then take a maximum 3 year tenure on board.

The fan on the board nomination will come from those already on the trust committee board and will be voted at the AGM.

There is still time to register your interest on joining the trust board and if you can, attend the fans meeting on the 13th April to discuss and meet the current team in place.

If you can't please log an enquiry on the trust oldham web page.

Thanks

Edited by underdog

Can we have a leaders debate?

No need as I am Mrs Wright, 100% right never wrong, so why debate? Only messing.

But an interesting concept a why do you want the role? Depends I suppose who does want the role too......hmmmmm you could be on to something there. I will see if that's a possibility.

I have heard no plans to do so...

Then come on and talk to the board, see if you want to join. We can have a maximum of 15 people at a time, in fact it's recommend we get new blood in every year to pass on knowledge, understanding as so we are not stuck in a rut with the same people, the same chair person, the same fan on the board. In my mind, this is what Has happened, not enough interest in joining so the same people are shouldering the responsibilities every year as there is no one to pass the baton onto.

Roughly this time last year, I followed the route of try before you buy, i was co-opted and in a way, served my apprenticeship. I'm not even a season ticket holder or even a paying member...so it can happen. We have had three more fans step up in the last few months and a couple of others who have chatted and considering their options. You can even be an exhile if you can offer the skills to help.

So Come and trial it out and "try before you buy...." See if it's right for you, what you can offer and vice versa and then hey presto your in.

It's not like it's an initiation......but you can understand with regards to the person on the board, in my opinion, they have to be of a calibre and understanding of a boardroom environment, when you could be walking a tightrope with regards to diplomacy and confidentiality. This defo rules me out by the way.. you don't want a loose cannon in there upsetting and severing the ties the trust has with the club do you?

Just my thoughts on the matter so please come and chat to us, meet the team in person, see what help we need see that we are fans just like you and won't eat you alive, real people who have other responsibilities and we need a little help.

Edited by underdog

To be fair, that's the constitution as it stands. Could be changed at the AGM I guess.

We have talked/do talk about what changes we can make under the current constitution, things like changing the title of the fan on the board as so it does not get confusing with the clubs fans rep. maximum tenure for the fan on the board too so we are learning from previous events that having the same person for several years may not be a good thing.

The time for change is now, fresh start, fresh blood, new focus, new stand to use as a base too.

It's been said that the trust only becomes important to some fans when the time is dire...when we are shaking the buckets like when the trust was formed to help save the club and maybe this is right to a certain extent. Some are just interested in match day and I can understand that too, but I hope they have piece of mind that if the current owner did decided to walk away, they know there is a team in place with enough knowledge to ensure the day to day running of the club/survival of the club continues.

Trust in the trust

Edited by underdog

How in hell's name could someone be a board director arising from the trust position and not be on the trust committee? Would you vote for that situation? Really?

It would be odd for someone to expect to stand for "fan on the board" if they were not also prepared to serve on the trust committee, regardless of success in becoming fan on the board

But plenty of time to spout off on a message board.

It's equally odd to suggest that people who don't attend meetings can't have a view. Fewer than 1% of Season Ticket holders attend meetings, so should it only be 1% who decide?

Barry used to be criticised for his "doer rather than talker" attitude, but it seems that some people think this is fine. I presume none of you will vote in the election?

Edited by real