Fans perception of the appointment of Darren Kelly

311 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of SC appointing Darren Kelly as Manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. How will this effect your attendance at BP during 2015/16 season?

• I will be still purchasing a season ticket/ will frequently Pay on the Day
    • I have a season ticket, but I will rarely use it/ seek refund
    • I will POTD for the odd significant game/cup games (home and away)
    • I will boycott OAFC indefinately
    • I will wait to see how DK and DH do after a number of games
    • I have bought my ST and this will have no impact on my attendance

Maybe kelly and Holden are just a cheap stop gap until the stand revenue kicks in for next season when Dowie will come on board and these could be his back room staff...seems so left field to me that there must be a valid reason. In the meantime it boosts both their cv's...maybe no other candidates were prepared to accept a 12 month deal when we can reassess our finances.

Optimistic hopes but maybe Corney feels they are good enough to keep us up and will keep the better players on board until next year. Dowies press release in the Chron also adds weight to this...

Let's be honest appointing Dowie is as good a chance we have of bringing fans back and he may feel to genuinely challenge he needs a better budget which will only come on the back of one year of cutting back on costs tied in with the Stand income. The problem is you usually only have one season to deliver the positive feel factor to bring fans back and on this years budget Dowie may feel it could do more damage to his reputation and the potential of unveiling him as manager...

Would he be happy to manage us in League 2. Just saying like

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there next season - will probably go to the first game whether it's away at Millwall or home to Crewe with the same excitement of any other season, once transfers are made and the hype is built - but Corney has worn my patience down to a nub.

Again it will be seen as a 'learning' season for a young, inexperienced rookie manager, but I don't think I will give Kelly the time I would have afforded Dickov or Johnson. It's nothing against Kelly, I will just judge us on the basis of what we should be achieving with the core of the squad and the momentum the stand should/should've given the club for the upcoming season, regardless of whether the new manager has a lifetime of experience or none at all. We had a genuine opportunity to push on upwards from this 6 or 7 year slump below 15th place, yet we've gone for a hit and hope with the cheapest option.

I'm not arsed about his words (or his politics) or his inexperience, I just want results and something exciting to make me feel a little less devoid of apathy, when I know we should be capable.

Looking at what DK and DH already have to work with before the transfer window opens. Coleman, B.Wilson, J.Wilson, T.Dieng, Mills, Kelly, Jones, Winchester, Philliskirk, Poleon and Forte. That's a fairly strong starting 11 right there regardless of transfers. If DK can add a few others and perhaps keep hold of everyone (bar say Kelly who will no doubt go to Barnsley), with the right tactics and management, perhaps we could be on to something next season...

I'll be there next season - will probably go to the first game whether it's away at Millwall or home to Crewe with the same excitement of any other season, once transfers are made and the hype is built - but Corney has worn my patience down to a nub.

Again it will be seen as a 'learning' season for a young, inexperienced rookie manager, but I don't think I will give Kelly the time I would have afforded Dickov or Johnson. It's nothing against Kelly, I will just judge us on the basis of what we should be achieving with the core of the squad and the momentum the stand should/should've given the club for the upcoming season, regardless of whether the new manager has a lifetime of experience or none at all. We had a genuine opportunity to push on upwards from this 6 or 7 year slump below 15th place, yet we've gone for a hit and hope with the cheapest option.

I'm not arsed about his words (or his politics) or his inexperience, I just want results and something exciting to make me feel a little less devoid of apathy, when I know we should be capable.

Agree with all of this.

I'll be judging on the actions not the words.

And as we have already been down the motivational bull before, I won't be buying into it at all.

I just hope it inspires the payers.

But if we have a good season, there will be no one happier my fears were unfounded than me. I want to be wrong.

Looking at what DK and DH already have to work with before the transfer window opens. Coleman, B.Wilson, J.Wilson, T.Dieng, Mills, Kelly, Jones, Winchester, Philliskirk, Poleon and Forte. That's a fairly strong starting 11 right there regardless of transfers. If DK can add a few others and perhaps keep hold of everyone (bar say Kelly who will no doubt go to Barnsley), with the right tactics and management, perhaps we could be on to something next season...

That is a plus point, though not as mentally strong as I would like.

We certaintly are starting from a stronger base then the previous rookies had.

Looking at that the other way - what a great opportunity it would have been for various managers to come and work with, and improve, an already half decent squad......

Reflection after a day or so looking at everything thats out there, listening to him and others...

One thing that re-assures me is he at least sounds as though he isnt a compete thicko. Half a brain goes a long way in the world of football as it is about 45% more than most in the game have.

I'm a little more relaxed and wil see where this goes.

Glad he has seen sense and deleted his twitter account and I will watch the closed season with interest.

BUT.. can someone teach him how to tie his tie properly!!

Edited by kowenicki

I've noticed there is a gap for the role of 'first team coach'. Does anyone reckon DK will bring in his own? It would be good to have the First Team Manager, Assistant Manager, First Team Coach and Goalkeeping/Fitness coach all raring do go for pre season at the same time... don't think we had this with LJ

I've noticed there is a gap for the role of 'first team coach'. Does anyone reckon DK will bring in his own? It would be good to have the First Team Manager, Assistant Manager, First Team Coach and Goalkeeping/Fitness coach all raring do go for pre season at the same time... don't think we had this with LJ

Probably saving a wage by having no first team coach, I'd agree with that, the two of them should be able to manage at this level.

Edited by BP1960

An early, quality signing might placate a few........

Jay Emmanuel -Thomas has been released by Bristol City, I might have a rethink if he's signed.

The money saved on a first team coach could go toward his wages.

Edited by BP1960

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/28/fa-uefa-pro-licence-course

FA Uefa pro licence candidates:

Richie Barker – unattached

Keith Bertschin – Hull City first-team coach

Wayne Burnett – Dagenham & Redbridge manager

Keith Downing – West Bromwich Albion assistant head coach

Alex Dyer – Charlton Athletic assistant manager

Lois Fidler – England women's Under-17 manager

Ryan Giggs – Manchester United player coach

Stéphane Henchoz – unattached

Paul Ince – unattached

Ian Kerr – PFA regional coach educator

Mike Marsh – Liverpool first-team coach

Nick Marshall – FA youth coach educator

Micky Mellon – unattached

Dennis Mortimer – FA national coach educator

Gary Neville – England coach

Shaun North – AFC Wimbledon Under-21 development coach

Chris Powell – unattached

Mark Yates – Cheltenham Town manager

Runar Kristinsson – KR Reykjavik manager

Graham Kavanagh – Carlisle United manager

Nathan Jones – Brighton & Hove Albion assistant head coach

I cant believe I cant believe it!!!

I mean what did they expect? To repeatedly tell us just waity waity sshhhh this is so important its going to take us months sshhhh

Just his lack of anything is obvs going to cause some ripples, but nobody checked what happens if you use a computer and type his name? A complete unknown bloke? In the walking internet age? I mean who :censored:ing carries a portable device that they live their life thru and use for information?

Or they did and found it fine?

Unreal.

Un :censored:ing real.