Fans perception of the appointment of Darren Kelly

311 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of SC appointing Darren Kelly as Manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. How will this effect your attendance at BP during 2015/16 season?

• I will be still purchasing a season ticket/ will frequently Pay on the Day
    • I have a season ticket, but I will rarely use it/ seek refund
    • I will POTD for the odd significant game/cup games (home and away)
    • I will boycott OAFC indefinately
    • I will wait to see how DK and DH do after a number of games
    • I have bought my ST and this will have no impact on my attendance

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really am trying to reserve judgement but it's just too fecking difficult! I can't see one footballing reason to employ this bloke over 119 others never mind non footballing ones!

Simon is really :censored:ing me off and I've texted him to say as much today and asked if he would be willing to meet before he goes back so I can ask hima few questions as a fan.

If this is confirmed I will definitely not be purchasing a box or holding the 2 conferences I had planned for later this year / early next.

I am really really struggling with renewing my ST which is something I thought I would never say and my current plan is very much POTD.

Once again we have a real chance of moving forward positively and this forum (against the norm) has been nothing but positive for a week following the stand meetings etc only to be once again kicked in the balls.

I'm sure I'll get the odd 'not a real fan' accusation but I really really want to put what I can afford into the club but once again the powers that be seem to be happy to convince me not to!

This is significant. This is what I'm talking about. Its a financially inept appointment. If you really have his ear... can you get in it asap with our feelings please? I have always, always supported Simon, but this is borderline insanity.

People keep banging on about positivity of the new stand, why?

Policy in recent years has been to sell anything that isn't bolted down (and some things that are) , now that has all been squeezed the only thing left to do was to create new things to sell - the fact that OEC exists as a thing tells you everything you need to know.

Needs to learn how to do his tie properly. Quite a low key speech, fully aware people will be asking who the :censored: he is but intent on proving himself.

Harry Bosch is on my table. He's knawing his tie in frustration but he's too scared of Rosa to do owt when he's only 2 pints in.

Two questions spring to mind.

1) Are some of the minority still going to sing "No Surrender" as they are wont to do from time to time.

2) Whatever happened to "Due Diligence", she seems to have gone AWOL.

Has anybody else noticed his retweeting of an article (I think!) proclaiming Lee Johnson's attendance as a speaker at a coaching clinic on Feb 13th?

A strange appointment that has come with similar links to the LJ appointment. Somebody has the chairmans ear - who is the question?

I am all for left field thinking - and the bloke deserves an opportunity and our support whilst in charge - but this is a massively risky appointment with a huge potential downside.

Very concerned!!

trying to calm down

was totally underwhelmed by LJ s appointment and feel same about Darren Kelly

hope I am wrong and he is a success , I really , really do for the club I support

for the record I voted no don't want Kelly

hope I am wrong , please let me be wrong

watching

Has anybody else noticed his retweeting of an article (I think!) proclaiming Lee Johnson's attendance as a speaker at a coaching clinic on Feb 13th?

A strange appointment that has come with similar links to the LJ appointment. Somebody has the chairmans ear - who is the question?

I am all for left field thinking - and the bloke deserves an opportunity and our support whilst in charge - but this is a massively risky appointment with a huge potential downside.

Very concerned!!

Twas my RT. It jumped out, and seemed very odd. I wondered if him and Johnson had qualified together or something.

Twas my RT. It jumped out, and seemed very odd. I wondered if him and Johnson had qualified together or something.

Apologies, but I agree that it seems very odd to me too. To go with LJ was odd at the time, but as made clear elsewhere, this is a jump even further from the mainstream.

My gut feeling is there must be a link? a source? somewhere that links the appointments. God knows who and what though!!!!!

I'm cautious because Kelly has no standing or reputation within the professional game. That said, most people are bored with the carousel that is football management. It's the same names and the same links.

We have had some relative short-term success with rookie managers. We have given John Sheridan, Paul Dickov and Lee Johnson their first managerial positions.

It is evident Kelly impressed Corney in a unique way. He has no credentials in terms of his playing career, therefore no contact structure. He has minimal coaching experience, yet possesses coaching qualifications most young, if not older, managers in the Football League do not. He's clearly interested and I have a gut feeling he has some fresh concepts and ideas.

The lad is entitled to support a moderate political party.

Edited by UpTheLatics

I'm cautious because Kelly has no standing or reputation within the professional game. That said, most people are bored with the carousel that is football management. It's the same names and the same links.

We have had some relative short-term success with rookie managers. We have given John Sheridan, Paul Dickov and Lee Johnson their first managerial positions.

It is evident Kelly impressed Corney in a unique way. He has no credentials in terms of his playing career, therefore no contact structure. He has minimal coaching experience, yet possesses coaching qualifications most young, if not older, managers in the Football League do not. He's clearly interested and I have a gut feeling he has some fresh concepts and ideas.

The lad is entitled to support a moderate political party.

I dont get why people keep saying he has no connections, to get the Uefa 'a' license takes two years, and the Pro License takes another 18 months. You are on the course with the same 'students' throughout, most of these coaches are either top well known names or coches and academy coches at EPL anf FL clubs. He would have struck up quite a few contacts over that time.

I dont get why people keep saying he has no connections, to get the Uefa 'a' license takes two years, and the Pro License takes another 18 months. You are on the course with the same 'students' throughout, most of these coaches are either top well known names or coches and academy coches at EPL anf FL clubs. He would have struck up quite a few contacts over that time.

Or sat in the corner of the canteen with everyone asking the same question we are asking.... "Who the :censored: is he"?

What we have here is a season where expectation has been badly managed. We got a sniff of the playoffs and started to dream then the Welshman and the Englishman ended our season because staying up was good enough for those in charge. I hate to suggest this but did the Englishman fall out with SC because he realised there was no ambition no desire beyond building a new stand to enhance the prospect of a sale?

Then almost to placate us we were told about how many and how good the applicants for the post were. Told there was no need to rush as we must get it right (and save two salaries). We watched our team stumble to 57 points just four wins from sixth place as injuries and dour tactics robbed our team of its edge. And now this!

However, what did we really expect. The only appointments that have worked for us are the rookie. It is the sort of appointment I expected and to give Kelly the credit due he does have a great deal of experience. Time will tell and I will watch it happen. This is not their football club it is our football club.

If you don't want to be a supporter anymore that makes me sad but you have the right to give it all up. I can't!