Fans perception of the appointment of Darren Kelly

311 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of SC appointing Darren Kelly as Manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. How will this effect your attendance at BP during 2015/16 season?

• I will be still purchasing a season ticket/ will frequently Pay on the Day
    • I have a season ticket, but I will rarely use it/ seek refund
    • I will POTD for the odd significant game/cup games (home and away)
    • I will boycott OAFC indefinately
    • I will wait to see how DK and DH do after a number of games
    • I have bought my ST and this will have no impact on my attendance

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the chances of a friendly with bolton

Low.

"Hi, is that Neil Lennon? It's Darren Kelly here, fancy a friendly?"

".......Who?"

Edit: I now realise the point you were making, I've glazed over all this Irish stuff. Still, my point stands.

Edited by josh_latics

Low.

"Hi, is that Neil Lennon? It's Darren Kelly here, fancy a friendly?"

".......Who?"

Edit: I now realise the point you were making, I've glazed over all this Irish stuff. Still, my point stands.

He does know Neil Lennon;

http://www.irishfa.com/news/item/9420/uefa-pro-licence-award-ceremony/

Edited by BP1960

I've been a Latics supporter for over 50 years. I've had 3 season tickets every year since 1977. I can not watch my club if they are managed by an IRA supporter. It sickens me to watch murderers like McGuiness governing part of the UK. The IRA are the scum of the earth and I will not set foot in "Boundary Park" whilst Kelly is in charge!!!

I've been a Latics supporter for over 50 years. I've had 3 season tickets every year since 1977. I can not watch my club if they are managed by an IRA supporter. It sickens me to watch murderers like McGuiness governing part of the UK. The IRA are the scum of the earth and I will not set foot in "Boundary Park" whilst Kelly is in charge!!!

Did you still have a ST when Hughes was here? What would you have done if we'd have signed Ched Evans? I think everyone needs to calm the :censored: down. He's not Saddam Hussein...

Say what you like about Ken Bates, but he really didn't give a :censored: when he took OAFC to support Rhodesian PM Ian Smith and his country whilst sanctions were on.

Any reference to his political leanings are irrelevant to whether this appointment should or shouldn't happen. To deny anyone a job based on that Twitter post would be embarrassing in my book.

The argument for footballing reasons would be different & one for the club to justify. At this stage, I'd find it an extraordinary move but one that I'd need to hear more about the reasoning about before deciding what I think. Either way, I'll still be using my new season tickets.

I'd be less against this if he'd literally just retired and was going straight into management - like Dickov & Johnson did (yes, I know....).

It's the fact he spent 3 years at York and got nowhere near managing them that I can't get past.

I imagine he chanced his arm applying for this (and other jobs), as is his right, hoping for nothing more than to get his name out there regularly until a time comes when somebody finally gives him an interview or asks him to join their coaching team maybe.

He's probably more amazed than us....

Edited by HarryBosch

I'd be less against this if he'd literally just retired and was going straight into management - like Dickov & Johnson did (yes, I know....).

It's the fact he spent 3 years at York and got nowhere near managing them that I can't get past.

I imagine he chanced his arm applying for this (and other jobs), as is his right, hoping for nothing more than to get his name out there regularly until a time comes when somebody finally gives him an interview or asks him to join their coaching team maybe.

He's probably more amazed than us....

I'd argue that ex-players are better after they've learnt more about coaching (at many levels) rather than just falling into a job because they were decent on the pitch.

I really am trying to reserve judgement but it's just too fecking difficult! I can't see one footballing reason to employ this bloke over 119 others never mind non footballing ones!

Simon is really :censored:ing me off and I've texted him to say as much today and asked if he would be willing to meet before he goes back so I can ask hima few questions as a fan.

If this is confirmed I will definitely not be purchasing a box or holding the 2 conferences I had planned for later this year / early next.

I am really really struggling with renewing my ST which is something I thought I would never say and my current plan is very much POTD.

Once again we have a real chance of moving forward positively and this forum (against the norm) has been nothing but positive for a week following the stand meetings etc only to be once again kicked in the balls.

I'm sure I'll get the odd 'not a real fan' accusation but I really really want to put what I can afford into the club but once again the powers that be seem to be happy to convince me not to!

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod