1.5 Million Transfer Budget

Now i cant find the exact quote or where it was posted i think somebody put it up on facebook after directly asking Simon Corney how much the new manager has to spend on a new signings.

But they have quoted Corney as saying there is a transfer budget of 1.5 million (and i state transfer budget quite clearly) does this mean the Sports Direct money has finally filtered into the playing budget or has Blitz and Corney put more in if this figure is true and Darren Kelly has them funds at his disposale then Corneys quote of saying we will be in the top 10 of playing budgets in the division does stack up, IF the figure is to be believed then with the right talking round and being cute in the market maybe the club could pay the wages to entice the bigger profile players who will be released over the summer....

I am sure its all balloni and the players have to wash there own kits as we cant afford a washing machine but it does make you wonder doesnt it.

If thats the playing budget along with transfers and wages that means working on a fiscal 52 week year around 30k a week in wages and potential transfers if thats the case that would put the average wage of the 1st team around £800 a week when factoring bonuses, if thats true thats a mid league 2 level budget....nah im not having that.

Not when the likes of Liam Kelly, Mike Jones and Jonathon Forte will easily be on £1500 a week minimum

Edited by Postman Matt

It includes everything - it's what Yates' agent was getting at with "bottom-six budget". Unless he got the wrong end of the stick, but I doubt it given his man was interviewed and would have sold himself on previously working well with low budgets...

I'd say Forte, Elokobi, Kelly, Jones, Wilson, Wilson and Poleon will be 1200-2000, Winchester, Lockwood, Brown, Murphy, Morgan-Smith, Turner and Philliskirks around 800-1000 and your Colemans, Diengs, Mellors, between 400-800, 30k doesnt stretch that far for a whole teams budget, top end wages in League 1 are 10k plus now.

THat is around the turnover for the whole club we have had for years.

IIRC it was around £1m when Latics and England and Leeslover went to see, and it is realsitic that it has crept up to that figure in the intervening years.

Well if thats the case then thats a relegation season budget....

How can Corney justify saying publicly the Sports Direct deal puts us in the top 10 in the league for budgets?

I am not sure he actually said that, IIRC he said allow us to compete, which is not quite the same thing.

But we know since that the stand will start to pay nex year.

My 2+2 = calcualtion is that the SD money allowed the stand to be completed ,and that money will allow us to compete with a top 10 budget.

Also note that other teams have come into tothe equation and so teams like the Plastics, and Blackpool and with parachute payments could put our budget down to top 12 for starters.

It will be the playing budget. And he has probably also been told that he can top it up with a percentage of player sale income.

For every Forte on £1500 a week, there is a Conor Brown on £500 a week.

I was told that Tranmere's League One budget was reduced to £1m the season that they said goodbye. So much for penny-pinching, eh?

I presume our £1.5m playing budget is net of the cost of the youth academy?

Our budget last season was 1.4 million. So slight increase if it is now 1.5, its still down at the low end for league 1, pretty sure rochdales last season was 1 million, moneys not everything, spend wisely and theres bargains to be had in this league.

If what has been said to us is true, we should expect an increase in the playing budget the season after next when the money from the new stand kicks in. Maybe then we will have a top 10 playing budget

I look forward to us finishing 11th! ?

If what has been said to us is true, we should expect an increase in the playing budget the season after next when the money from the new stand kicks in. Maybe then we will have a top 10 playing budget

that assumes other income stands up. I've no idea whethe the sponsors that dropped out as a result of the Evans fiasco have been replaced and it is hardly a leap of faith to suggest that gate revenue is unlikely to be seeing a rise.

Do the maths even operating on a lowest guestimate of each players wage taking into account management team and backroom team it doesnt stack up...

If it's playing budget you can make it work comfortably.

3x 2k

3x 1.5k

3x 1.2k

6x 1.0k

8x 800

7x 500

That's a squad of 30 on totally made up salaries totalling 30k per week.

If it's playing budget you can make it work comfortably.

3x 2k

3x 1.5k

3x 1.2k

6x 1.0k

8x 800

7x 500

That's a squad of 30 on totally made up salaries totalling 30k per week.

Now factor in appearance, goal, clean sheet, win and cup bonuses.....also signing on bonuses

Also manager, assistant manager, coach, physio and the youth management into the equation then £30k a week playing budget doesnt seem that manageable or realistic not to mention the undisclosed signings we make plus the amount of loan signings we make in some cases you have to pay a fee there now too.

Edited by Postman Matt

But don't us fans always over estimate players wages?

I've only ever been privy to a couple of football facts.

One is the late great Ernie was on £25k and took a pay cut to get into league foorball. Obviusly he was the lower end of the payscale at that time.

We will have being paying less than that since then pro rata to players experiecne as the players we signed quality has droped a bit since that era.

But don't us fans always over estimate players wages?

I've only ever been privy to a couple of football facts.

One is the late great Ernie was on £25k and took a pay cut to get into league foorball. Obviusly he was the lower end of the payscale at that time.

We will have being paying less than that since then pro rata to players experiecne as the players we signed quality has droped a bit since that era.

Yes and the average wage is considerably lower for the 20 years olds than the 28 year olds in their prime. Hence why we have a lot of young players.

In 2011, the average league 1 wage £73,000 and in the Championship it was £211k, which works out at £4k a week approx.

I can't really imagine any player being on £10k a week in league 1 unless they they had been on a Premiership or high end Championship contract and their team had been relegated.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Yes and the average wage is considerably lower for the 20 years olds than the 28 year olds in their prime. Hence why we have a lot of young players.

I was told that Iain Dowie did Ernie a huge favour and really pushed getting it as high as that too. It was considered quite an eye opening deal for him at the time by his footballs freinds too.