Players linked with us

23 and made two appearances. Boro promoted so he's gonna have limited chances there.

Played under Robinson at two clubs.

Yes England under 21 goalkeeper under contract at a premier league club sees his career developing by signing for Oldham Athletic?

Same as all the modern coached keepers, mainly shot stoppers. Must have something though as he's played at England under 20s level.

Interesting sentence from his Wiki page:

'He signed for Oldham Athletic on loan in July 2016 as part of a new link between Middlesbrough and Oldham.'

From Motherwell forum:

"I'm never a fan of taking the same player on loan more than once. The Ripley signing struck me as a bit of a last-ditch effort, given we had missed out on Samson previously (although was that the season before?), but he developed well over his time with us and was a pretty safe pick towards the end."

"I've not seen the Ripley story but assume Boro want to loan him out to a higher level. I think McGhee would have held off with Samson/Brill if there was a chance of getting Ripley back."

"Would have made sense for us before e signed up Samson and Brill, but not now. Boro' might also think that he could be playing at a higher standard than here in the English Championship or their League One. Looked like he was developing into a decent keeper with us so another season would have seen him continue on that path, but not to be. Good luck to the lad."

Edited by Gaz_Oafc