Players linked with us

Don't think people are that tough on grammar and spelling here. Only occasionally and mostly jokingly.

Anyway in spoken conversations you've got tone of voice, body language, the fact you probably know the person already, and you can ask if you don't follow. When you're reading a post all you've got are the words to go on. And if it's someone you don't know whether they can write clearly helps build credibility in what they're saying.

Indeed. And really I was just having a bit of fun about an everyday thing that winds me up slightly. No offence meant.

Burnleys chairman in the press today saying they are looking to bring 2 or 3 in this week which might explain their reluctance to release the lad training with us until they have tied up those deals.

That lad's not going to get a look in at Burnley this season, regardless of who's coming in.

So, where's the Magennis money gonna go?

If we had £100k + good wages to pay for a player, does that mean we'll be looking to spend that on another man?

We could really do with a left back, a winger and perhaps a striker, although I liked the look of Erwin, and Mckay will has only played once.

If we had £100k + good wages to pay for a player, does that mean we'll be looking to spend that on another man?

We could really do with a left back, a winger and perhaps a striker, although I liked the look of Erwin, and Mckay will has only played once.

Maybe we'll save it for the January window now??

Agree about left back, but as we have Wilson and Brown who can be makeshift left backs I doubt we'll bring in another until one of them (Brown) goes.

I get the impression that McLaughlin will be used more as a winger than full back so we'll probably see how he does first.

The striker looks likely to be Agyei, similar to left back I'd only bring another striker in if we let Cassidy go.

I suspect it was little more than the work of his agent. I don't expect us to be splurging £100k on anyone.

Glass half full - we're in for the same players as one of the promotion favourites...

That's the way I see it. No shame losing out to teams with more money.

I just hope the money we were willing to part for them goes on other targets who will improve us.

QPR & Coventry have both been linked with loan moves for Agyei recently so we have done well to bring him in if true.

Lafferty & Dummigham both treated in the right way last season may have helped our cause.

Burnley certainly see us as a place to blood some of their younger players... amazing to think that in 1991-92 we were in the top flight and they were winning the 4th division title!

Burnley certainly see us as a place to blood some of their younger players... amazing to think that in 1991-92 we were in the top flight and they were winning the 4th division title!

25 years is a long time in football.

By 1994/95 we played them in the league. During that game something happened that shocked everyone and sent tremors throughout the whole country!

Super Sean McCarthy managed to get his fat arse up for a somersault celebration!!!!

& We won 3-0 :)

Edited by palmer1

Heard from danny Lafferty himself he has said 'never say never but very very unlikely this season'. Have heard our striker will be from palace not Burnley but could be wrong.

Freddie Ladapo mentioned on twitter this morning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Ladapo

I get the impression many are guessing as they are trying to put a name to the face warming up on Tuesday.

Edited by palmer1