Players linked with us

From sky sports news:

CLARK KEEN TO KEEP MAGENNIS

Kilmarnock manager Lee Clark is preparing for all eventualities following interest in striker Josh Magennis.

Killie turned down a £50,000 bid from Oldham this week as former Northern Ireland and Motherwell coach Stephen Robinson made his move for the Euro 2016 forward.

But Clark hinted the club might be tempted with a higher bid.

"We have shown our intent, we turned down the offer from Oldham Athletic," Clark said. "Josh indicated that wasn't something that would have interested him anyway, but we had already turned it down, so it didn't go any further

Magennis offer supposedly six figures and an improved bid for Martis.

I'd be surprised if we got either tbh

According to The Chron:

"Killie director Billy Bowie publicly labelled Athletic's alleged offer of less than £50,000 for the Northern Ireland international as "laughable" and "beyond belief".

While not wanting to get into the row, Stephen Robinson said the real figure was not only higher than that, but that it was close to what the Rugby Park club themselves indicated they would accept.

It is thought that Athletic's current offer is in fact into six figures, including add-ons."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/99206/hunt-goes-on

According to The Chron:

"Killie director Billy Bowie publicly labelled Athletic's alleged offer of less than £50,000 for the Northern Ireland international as "laughable" and "beyond belief".

While not wanting to get into the row, Stephen Robinson said the real figure was not only higher than that, but that it was close to what the Rugby Park club themselves indicated they would accept.

It is thought that Athletic's current offer is in fact into six figures, including add-ons."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/99206/hunt-goes-on

If we raised our offer a little, then this director could tell there fans that we had doubled our offer and they begrudgingly accepted. It may have back fired on hm.

Liam Kelly wasn't sold for buttons, add to that the fact we kept on a skeleton squad and didn't have to pay our manager and backroom team all summer it's not hard to see where the odd 30k is coming from, compensation for Shez was also paid I believe.

Since Brexit, the USD to GBP exchange rate has moved in favour of the mighty dollar - it could be that Corney's money is going a little further... Possibly.

We can only spend a percentage of our turnover. Our turnover will increase by 250k when the new stand is fully open and we've the rumoured 250k+ increase in solidarity payments from the new Premier League TV deal.

Does the new stands turnover go towards the percentage we can spend and is there any evidence that our turnover has increased as a result of the new stand opening? Most clubs are better off through the solidarity payments but I'm not sure we have added that payment to the budget, Corney talks of not taking up options because their are cheaper alternatives out there so it doesn't tell me with a squad of around 20 compared to 30 plus last season, that the footballing side is benefiting at all, at best it's the same even though raised revenue should be now available.

I read some quotes from the manager, can't remember where, where he said that his budget had not changed since he arrived but he had been clever about the way he has spent it so far, which meant we were now in a position to pay transfer fees for some players.

May be the increased playing budget that was rumoured to have been negotiated by Evans was also given to Robinson, or may be most of the players he has recruited so far are on buttons.

Since Brexit, the USD to GBP exchange rate has moved in favour of the mighty dollar - it could be that Corney's money is going a little further... Possibly.

And it'll mean Pogba costing United an extra 10 or £20m with the pound having dropped against the euro.

See 24hrs?

Does the new stands turnover go towards the percentage we can spend and is there any evidence that our turnover has increased as a result of the new stand opening? Most clubs are better off through the solidarity payments but I'm not sure we have added that payment to the budget, Corney talks of not taking up options because their are cheaper alternatives out there so it doesn't tell me with a squad of around 20 compared to 30 plus last season, that the footballing side is benefiting at all, at best it's the same even though raised revenue should be now available.

It does, yep. No evidence but Gee said that the income from the stand once fully let is 750-800k with 250ish going to the club and the rest to pay off the debt of building it.

The budget has increased this season but not to the 1.8mil as reported. Gee said it's not far off though.

I read some quotes from the manager, can't remember where, where he said that his budget had not changed since he arrived but he had been clever about the way he has spent it so far, which meant we were now in a position to pay transfer fees for some players.

May be the increased playing budget that was rumoured to have been negotiated by Evans was also given to Robinson, or may be most of the players he has recruited so far are on buttons.

Wimbledon's budget for this season is £1.9m and the manager has acknowledged how hard it will be to be competitive on that