Players linked with us

Freddie Ladapo mentioned on twitter this morning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Ladapo

I get the impression many are guessing as they are trying to put a name to the face warming up on Tuesday.

What a bag of :censored:. Crystal Palace only paid an undisclosed fee for him. Isn't that against the Freedom Of Information Act? :lol1:

Am I the only one who thinks that goal scoring is once again going to be a big problem for us this season? Erwin's goal scoring record isn't great, neither is Cassidy's. I have no issue with McKays record although obviously he hasn't opened his account for us yet despite having a better pre-season build up than the other strikers. Flynn will hopefully pop a few in from midfield but unless we can find a striker who knows how to stick the ball in the back of the net then I can't see us winning many games. I think Ryan Lowe would have been a good option despite his age. What does anybody else think?

Am I the only one who thinks that goal scoring is once again going to be a big problem for us this season? Erwin's goal scoring record isn't great, neither is Cassidy's. I have no issue with McKays record although obviously he hasn't opened his account for us yet despite having a better pre-season build up than the other strikers. Flynn will hopefully pop a few in from midfield but unless we can find a striker who knows how to stick the ball in the back of the net then I can't see us winning many games. I think Ryan Lowe would have been a good option despite his age. What does anybody else think?

I think you should wait a few months before deciding who will and won't be scoring goals.

Maybe so, I don't mean to sound pessimistic but it's been a perennial problem for quite a few seasons now, and to be fair to the strikers who we usually sign their goal scoring records are usually 'fair' at best so we can't expect them to suddenly start banging them in when they come here. I stand by my comment that we wont win many games if we don't score many goals though. Hope I'm wrong!

Maybe so, I don't mean to sound pessimistic but it's been a perennial problem for quite a few seasons now, and to be fair to the strikers who we usually sign their goal scoring records are usually 'fair' at best so we can't expect them to suddenly start banging them in when they come here. I stand by my comment that we wont win many games if we don't score many goals though. Hope I'm wrong!

We will never afford a striker with a great scoring record. We need to rely on midfielders chipping in with some too

We created plenty of chances against higher league opposition just 48 hrs ago.

I expected a dour, workmanlike side this season (which I was fine with) but, what we saw on Tuesday suggested we might be in for some attractive football and lots of of goals....

With another starting striker still to come and months for the players to develop understandings...

Which has been a massive problem for several years now.

We've afforded Mckay and his record is pretty good

I agree his record is good and I think he'll get at least 15. I think some people expect us to sign someone who bags 20 every season. I do think this year our midfield will contribute a lot more. Granted I'm only basing this on seeing a few performances

After telling a poster to wait a few months before deciding who scores the goal you passed over your own opinions within a few hours even telling us how many Flynn will bag and what the midfield contribution will be, classic that Mcfluff.

Well yes. But at least he seems to actually support this club, unlike you.

Strikers - and goals - win matches. We have really struggled in that department over the past 3 or 4 seasons. There won't have been many times where Latics have come from behind to score a couple of goals to win a match, and that is part of my argument. It can be a touch depressing at BP when a team takes the lead and you just know that we aren't going to score twice. Midfield players and wingers can supply quality balls into the box, but it's goalscorers that win matches. Push the boat out please SC and SR and sign a match winner!

After telling a poster to wait a few months before deciding who scores the goal you passed over your own opinions within a few hours even telling us how many Flynn will bag and what the midfield contribution will be, classic that Mcfluff.

At least you never get bored of the :censored:e you spout