Potential Target Man

According to Chron the gaffer has stated and highlighted the shortages within the squad of us not having a target man who can link up the midfielders, hold off defenders and I guess get on the end of crosses etc...

Some of our best football and results did come when we had Jabo Ibehre playing up front last season and the likes of Philly and Forte linking of him.

Any thoughts of potential targets:-

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was an irish lad played in Scotland and then moved to Greece . he was a big but mobile unit with longish fair hair and a beard I think .

10 points to first to think of his name , pretty sure its something irish / Scottish/ gaelic

there was an irish lad played in Scotland and then moved to Greece . he was a big but mobile unit with longish fair hair and a beard I think .

10 points to first to think of his name , pretty sure its something irish / Scottish/ gaelic

Cillian Sheridan?

Ebanks Blake released from Preston after his short term contract had expired.

Could do a job and maybe worth a risk, if he now realises that he is not a top end Championship quality player like he and his agent suggested.

Georgos Samaras?

Jabo had is best game for us away at Sheffield United last season. A proper 'big target man' performance.

Surely were going to offload another striker if we do bring one in.

He had a couple of decent games this being the best of them, the ref offered him little protection that day. Cant say he impressed me much apart from that performance and his final game where he scored.

Thought Jabo was a decent target man, I would take him definitely.

Away at Sheffield united he was like Benteke, they couldn't handle him.

Not sure what we can afford but I imagine Jabo would be do-able - who knows what better there is out there in our price range.

Akinfenwa would be talented and entertaining, we'd need some mobile players to play around him though!

I think Jon Parkin is out of contract, a beast , but not exactly mobile.

25 goals last season, albeit in the Conference.

Edited by BP1960

Desperate times if we are looking to the last few suggestions! Akinfenwa? Parkin? Really?

Problem is there's not many of their kind around to choose from.

Edited by BP1960

gaz oafc wins the 10 points for naming Cillian Sheridan

congratulations gaz , the points can be rdeemed at sports direct , kfc and all high st stores. terms and conditions apply. interest rates can go up as well as down

I know he may have played champions league or some crappy Greek outfit but a lot of players are not getting paid at present so 0% of 5k is less than 1,500 at BP

which is as we know a better place to play anyway