Team For Walsall

Forte, Cassidy, and Poleon is a more than decent front 3 at this level and as long as they can stay fit and find some consistency.

if we can get the likes of Philliskirk, Green, Jones and Winchester, Turner and Murphy. scoring a few during the season, then scoring goals this season shouldn't be a problem.

If he wants to play his 3-4-1-2 I'm struggling to see where all our midfielders will fit in. Assuming Croft and Mills will be wing backs that leaves Kelly, Jones, Winch for the Middle 2 and Green in the hole. I'm not sure how he'll be accommodate those 4 players in the XI

Failed a medical at Sheff Wed before tearing a cruciate ligament on his Birmingham debut, which meant he didn't appear for them again.

Hope he's on a pay-as-you-play deal.

Didn't Paul Reid play in that game and was forced off with injury or was that against York away? My memory is shocking.

I think that will have been York, which I didnt attend, as I dont recall that happening! Although I was only about 10

A real selection headache, even for a fan. Of course it is early days yet, but based on what we have and with no outgoings, Id like to see this Starting XI and Bench. A real strong squad we have this season!

5-1-3-1

Coleman

Croft, Dieng, J.Wilson, Gunning*, Mills

Kelly

Winchester, Jones, Forte

Cassidy

Bench: Cornell, Brown, Green, Philliskirk, Poleon, Turner, Murphy

Options as part of the squad: B. Wilson, G. Edmundson, J.Tuohy, D. Byrnes, J. Bove, D. Jacobs

*Based on his signing

Home games/easier away games:

COLEMAN
    DIENG  GUNNING  J.WILSON
         JONES  KELLY
CROFT*    WINCHESTER      FORTE*
       TURNER  CASSIDY

*Or full backs if that frightens you to death ;). I think what I've put is workable though, relies on Kelly doing a lot of defensive work and the centre backs shuffling along to deal with threats from out wide. Then you have that scary 5-pronged attacking threat that Darren Kelly mentioned in his early BBC interview.

Away games/harder home games:

COLEMAN
WILSON  WILSON GUNNING   MILLS
            KELLY
CROFT  JONES  WINCHESTER  FORTE
           CASSIDY

If he wants to play his 3-4-1-2 I'm struggling to see where all our midfielders will fit in. Assuming Croft and Mills will be wing backs that leaves Kelly, Jones, Winch for the Middle 2 and Green in the hole. I'm not sure how he'll be accommodate those 4 players in the XI

Winchester or Jones are capable of playing in the hole behind the striker/strikers if required.

I think we might see Green start from the bench this season with the intention of giving him cameos if we are chasing the game and building him into a 90 minute player.

Home games/easier away games:

COLEMAN
    DIENG  GUNNING  J.WILSON
         JONES  KELLY
CROFT*    WINCHESTER      FORTE*
       TURNER  CASSIDY

*Or full backs if that frightens you to death ;). I think what I've put is workable though, relies on Kelly doing a lot of defensive work and the centre backs shuffling along to deal with threats from out wide. Then you have that scary 5-pronged attacking threat that Darren Kelly mentioned in his early BBC interview.

Away games/harder home games:

COLEMAN
WILSON  WILSON GUNNING   MILLS
            KELLY
CROFT  JONES  WINCHESTER  FORTE
           CASSIDY

Wot no Brown?

The away set up looks a decent team, obviously barring injuries this is how we could line up at Walsall. Bit harsh on Turner but if you have your place you have to keep it with decent performances. At home I would like to think we are going to go for it, score more than the opposition mentality.

Id stick to one of the below at home depending on how wide the opposition played, hard to leave Croft or Winch on the bench but i think they could be good to come on and change play if needed and it would give them breaks through the season. Similarly you could swap them in to protect Forte.

Narrow teams - 4-3-3:

Coleman/Cornell

Wilson Wilson Gunning Mills

Winchester Kelly Jones

Turner Cassidy Forte

BENCH: Philliskirk, Croft, Murphy, Brown, Dieng.

Wide Teams 4-4-2

Coleman/Cornell

Wilson Wilson Gunning Mills

Croft Kelly Jones Forte

Cassidy Turner

Bench: Winchester, Philliskirk, Murphy, Brown, Dieng.