• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let Ploj slip through the net like Cervero....

Would like to see him play Tuesday. If he can hack it amongst English sides above us then may be worth a gamble. DK must like bearing in mind he's started the friendlies so far.

I also like the piece from Gee in the Chron; keen to get in two defenders and a holding midfielder and looking at the Championship and Prem for loans. Wonder if we'd have room in budget for Ploj too.

Question is who's leaving? I doubt it will be Kelly but perhaps a fringe player or two plus obviously B Wilson.

This is Matt Chambers' big opportunity to write the rarely-seen headline:

LATICS GO NAP!

What !!! No "Stirling effort" or "Oldham Pounds Stirling" ........ Matt Chambers career working for the Sun or Mirror could be made today :coffee1:

Police might realise that they don't need horses to contain 150 Latics fans!

All a bit weird weren't it... Vans doing circling tactics too. Spoke to a Stirling fan in the pub after the game and he said that there weren't any mounted coppers when they played Rangers a couple of years ago. Maybe a training exercise or something? An enjoyable night though in a decent enough place.

Edited by longtimeblue

One if the most over the top miserable examples of stewarding I have ever seen, it was pathetic!

Do you know something I never even turned round once to look....... couldn't be arsed.

Some positives to take from the game I felt. I thought Green looked a classy talented lad. Yet lost the ball as much as the good stuff he did, defo a luxury player where the other would have to shoulder his workload. So for me he would have to create 1 to 2 goals per game to remain in the side or sort out his team work rate. Most certainly has it in his locker to unpick a defence.

Edmundson I felt looked in control and unfazed, very pleasing and something to look forward to once he matures even more. Ploj took his goals well and had a decent game....is that enough for his contract? Turner also took his chance well.

One or two goals per game :censored:in ell

The point I am making badly it would seem, is that without making a goal I doubt his work rate will keep him in the side. Which would be a real shame. OK let me make it easier for the lad, create what should have been a goal had the taker matched Greens creating.

Edited by Lags

The point I am making badly it would seem, is that without making a goal I doubt his work rate will keep him in the side. Which would be a real shame. OK let me make it easier for the lad, create what should have been a goal had the taker matched Greens creating.

Seems he is re-creating what Tranmere fans warned us about. Always going too far with the ball.

Seems he is re-creating what Tranmere fans warned us about. Always going too far with the ball.

I don't think he did that to be fair to him. When he didn't have the ball, on many occasion he drifted away from where the ball was. Not in the mix if you will. That said it was one game, or even one half so to early to judge. What is clear the lad is talented.

Edited by Lags

Wouldn't really read too much into friendlies but edmondson had a good game hopefully he can get some first team experience ion loan. Croft again brilliant liked how the full backs overlapped and added to attack. Didn't really rate ploj but took his two goals well.

Edmondson not worth a crack in the first team?

If he plays/plays well against Bolton and Blackburn then i'd give him a go.

Also depending on Gunning signing.

Baxter is better. He's got some talent in him thou for sure.

It took Baxter more than a handful of games to produce anything for Latics. Give the lad time eh?

Of course Baxter is better he has over 100 league games under his belt. This lad has 5.

It took Baxter more than a handful of games to produce anything for Latics. Give the lad time eh?

Of course Baxter is better he has over 100 league games under his belt. This lad has 5.

I think I've given him quite a bit of credit.... so we agree?

Edited by Lags

More than possibly. That said Baxter was special at this level and I do feel Baxter will/did score more goals.

That's my point Lags. Baxter played a full season with Tranmere at this level and did nothing, they didn't want him and he took his time to get going with us.He was something special at this level for us, I'm not sure that's true anymore 18 months later but what's to say Green won't turn out to be much better? Let's hope. It will be interesting finding out. Edited by palmer1