Blackburn Rovers (friendly)

You're being polite, I think rosa & leeslover were bearing the brunt of my perceived wisdom.

I'm picking up our tickets for Walsall tomorrow, can I get you one so we can see your reaction when we line up 3-4-1-2?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm picking up our tickets for Walsall tomorrow, can I get you one so we can see your reaction when we line up 3-4-1-2?

LOL. Brilliant.

That would be grand if you would be so kind. I need to pick one up for young Aidan too. I'll txt Andy and I can arrange a bank transfer to cover the cost, if that's ok?

Thanks

LOL. Brilliant.

That would be grand if you would be so kind. I need to pick one up for young Aidan too. I'll txt Andy and I can arrange a bank transfer to cover the cost, if that's ok?

Thanks

Give over, just give me the money when we see you.

I have seen both pre season games against Bolton and Blackburn and felt that when we played close to what would be our starting line up, we played relitivly well. The 1st half against Blackburn, we looked decent and solid in defence and we seemed to be passing the ball well, just without end product. Concidering we didn't have the likes of Cassidy or Forte who if A) still here and b fit for the remainder of the pre season games going into the new season, I think goals will come.

It does highlight however, how our strength in depth could yet again be a problem should injuries or transfers strike.

Edited by Chris Richard

I have seen both pre season games against Bolton and Blackburn and felt that when we played close to what would be our starting line up, we played relitivly well. The 1st half against Blackburn, we looked decent and solid in defence and we seemed to be passing the ball well, just without end product. Concidering we didn't have the likes of Cassidy or Forte who if A) still here and b fit for the remainder of the pre season games going into the new season, I think goals will come.

It does highlight however, how our strength in depth could yet again be a problem should injuries or transfers strike.

Amen brother.

From today's Chron, "The main lesson Kelly will take is that Athletic's players seem far more comfortable in the variation of a 4-4-2 formation they started with. Expect him to repeat the exercise at Carlisle on Saturday"

Please let it be!!!!!!!!

I'd love a 4-4-2 formation as much as anyone else, yet with Kelly, Jones and Winchester I find it hard to believe 3 goes into 2 and one of these will be benched.

I'd love a 4-4-2 formation as much as anyone else, yet with Kelly, Jones and Winchester I find it hard to believe 3 goes into 2 and one of these will be benched.

I didn't go last night, but I think the 4-4-2 was a diamond. Kelly at the bottom, Jones and Winchester on either side and Green at the top.

I didn't go last night, but I think the 4-4-2 was a diamond. Kelly at the bottom, Jones and Winchester on either side and Green at the top.

That's the most valid options with them 3 but then you have Croft and Forte missing out, with a severe lack of width which if I remember rightly Darren Kelly promised.

That's the most valid options with them 3 but then you have Croft and Forte missing out, with a severe lack of width which if I remember rightly Darren Kelly promised.

Forte played up front. I'd imagine he'll want Croft on the right when fit, you could then move Winchester behind the front two.

The front 6 that started last night is the best I've seen so far offensively. For me keeping Kelly/Jones in the engine room is imperative to us, when them two tick we look a tidy team. Forte and Winchester out wide with Green in the hole and Turner up top would provide us plenty of attacking options.

The front 6 that started last night is the best I've seen so far offensively. For me keeping Kelly/Jones in the engine room is imperative to us, when them two tick we look a tidy team. Forte and Winchester out wide with Green in the hole and Turner up top would provide us plenty of attacking options.

So, that's a 4-2-3-1 with no place for Croft, Poleon or Cassidy?

Edited by lookersstandandy

On what ive seen yes, Croft would be unfortunate to miss out but the other two have plenty to prove.

I admire your certainty. I confess to beginning to wonder whether accommodating both Kelly and Jones - arguably two of our best/most consistent players - is a hindrance to our ability to score goals. I'm looking forward to Walsall with a mixture of excitement, inquisition and trepidation.