Blackburn Rovers (friendly)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible second half. Really really bad.

First we looked bright, sharp, good pressure, lots of possession, but 1 upfront won't work especially if its Murphy (who I thought worked hard first half and had a decent effort) or Turner. Need Cassidy or some kind of presence up there with them.

Croft looks the best player so far! Relentless work and quality on the ball.

big fan of Mills but he had multiple chances to get in behind in that first half and should look to do it more. If we play that formation he will have lots of opportunity to do that this season.

Very poor 2nd half Ploj won't make it neither will the lad from Exeter young Touhy to small needs to beef up a lot although to be fair to the youngster he had to play full back and can't see him troubling the first team for a while as said before playing one up front doesn't cut it for me at home

Played some decent stuff first half. Passed the ball well, pressured Blackburn and kept our shape. Can't see one up front working for us though as we created very little in the final third. Have to say Turner looked more able in the role than Murphy, but I'd say we definitely need a two up top.

New pies were nice though.

Were there many crosses into the box today? We could have a lot better strikers than Turner, Cassidy and Murphy, who would do nothing without decent service..

Precisely.Its quite evident that neither Green or Ploj are wingers.Green needed to be in the middle as soon as Jones was replaced at half-time, and Ploj up top in a two man forward line.

First half I wondered if Blackburn had brought a youth side. Latics' passing was very good and Gunning looked far more composed. No cutting edge however.

Second half was very poor, apart from Truelove, who showed a bit of attacking ability. Green isn't a winger.

Hope Kelly can sort out defending crosses and corners otherwise it could be another very tricky season against the poor teams, like the last.

Mike Jones is absolutely class.

Edited by NewBlue

First half i was pleasantly surprised. We had bog all up top but without forte poleon and cassidy i wasnt hugely concerned.

Yet the second half we looked feable.

Going forward i would hope kelly uses the next two games to give our strongest team possible a chance to play together and cut the number of subs. Need movement on the centre half situation and tbh id be questioning whether philly has earnt his place in the team

First half i was pleasantly surprised. We had bog all up top but without forte poleon and cassidy i wasnt hugely concerned.

Yet the second half we looked feable.

Going forward i would hope kelly uses the next two games to give our strongest team possible a chance to play together and cut the number of subs. Need movement on the centre half situation and tbh id be questioning whether philly has earnt his place in the team

Barring Philliskirk for Forte and the striker, who we aren't sure who is the best of the crop, I thought that was our strongest team first half.

Real game of two halves, first was very good to watch all played well and backed each other up well, Croft was very good chasing the ball down. Second half was really bad to watch no link up from the back to the front always trying to play the wrong ball when an easier pass was clearly on, Green got no service on the wing at all needs to be in the middle.

Think the starting line up looks like the team that will start the season off.