Wonderful Loan Signing

Right anybody got a good source or insight as to who this loan signing could be?

It surely has to be a centre half, the fact DK still hasnt given Gavin Gunning FFS a contract makes me think he isn't going to be ready for what was DK has said 30-35 games he requires out of all his players in the squad....

I personally think its more propaganda from DK as in his first radio interview he said you would be surprised at the player he knows personally none of the signings jump out as backing that statement, the rumor mill have stated David Dunn refused to work with him, i personally don't think he has the clout he makes out and unless the team start strongly he is on a hiding to nothing come October if we are struggling.

And this philosphy of attacking football then playing 1 up front is utter bollocks

Posted · Hidden by Zorrro, July 28, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Zorrro, July 28, 2015 - No reason given

What more tedious than saying one thing and clearly doing another....

Ill back any manager that stands by his convictions but i think DK is on plan G already.....

Posted · Hidden by Zorrro, July 28, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Zorrro, July 28, 2015 - No reason given

The little light switch in the top corner of the reply box (for those on computers) turns off the entire task bar at the top of the box.

I was hoping it did something different.

Good loan signing would be Matthew Pennington CB at Everton 20 year old, had the obligatory loan spells at Tranmere and was voted Coventry's young player of the year whilst on loan there last season.

Edited by oafcforever

Good loan signing would be Matthew Pennington CB at Everton 20 year old, had the obligatory loan spells at Tranmere and was voted Coventry's young player of the year whilst on loan there last season.

Very good shout, that. Hopefully Big Joe could help it happen.

Liverpool echo reports he will be going out again on loan but to a Championshio club

Matt Chambers in the Chron says:

Manager Darren Kelly has released ex-Stockport and Celtic defender Josh Thompson, who played at Halifax on Tuesday, but hopes to tie down Gavin Gunning to a contract in the next few days.

Fraser Kerr remains on trial and fellow hopeful Ryan Hiwat should get a chance to show his worth in the final friendly at Carlisle tomorrow.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93246/dunn-still-hungry-for-success

Matt Chambers in the Chron says:

Manager Darren Kelly has released ex-Stockport and Celtic defender Josh Thompson, who played at Halifax on Tuesday, but hopes to tie down Gavin Gunning to a contract in the next few days.

Fraser Kerr remains on trial and fellow hopeful Ryan Hiwat should get a chance to show his worth in the final friendly at Carlisle tomorrow.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93246/dunn-still-hungry-for-success

If they bring in Gunning and Kerr I would say that is as good a starting squad as we have had for a few seasons. It still could go tits up though.

If they bring in Gunning and Kerr I would say that is as good a starting squad as we have had for a few seasons. It still could go tits up though.

I'm still worried about ourentral defence, and lack of firepower (not numbers, just ability to score).