Darren Kelly - I've seen the light

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd come onto OWTB before nodding off to bed, but it appears I've landed elsewhere - can someone confirm whether or not this is 'the OWTB' and not a fake?

The positivity is blinding.

Thanks to the generous regular PayPal donations from members, we're covering the bills and have enough left over to dish out the class As.

Looks like you were a bit late to the party.

Looking through the positive prism for the first time in a while, you just cannot knock the fact he's kept the whole of the desirables from last season together, while adding new players and cutting off the detritus in the process - whether he's tried to get rid of some of the stars or not, they are all still here...

Kelly has the feel of an unlikely hero - shy and unassuming, totally unheard of, expectations at absolute zero and plagued by every rotten rumour under the sun.

Hopefully after Walsall we will have truly seen the light, and not the :censored:e...

Edited by NewBlue

Has Barry finally discovered who Harry Bosch is and is now holding him hostage whilst he gives him a one-man press conference and hijacking his profile on here?

Gentleman....

And Lady

Things could be rotten for Hieronymus

You may jest but during the pre season I received a text off Baz Blatter offering me a meeting following some apparently derogatory comments I made about him. I rang him back and left a voicemail stating I.would meet at a neutral venue rather than the club....no response. 2 things sprang to mind. 1. Why he didn't remember me when slagging of ST's against hudds last pre season and 2. Where the hell.did he get me number from?

Anyway I digress.....see you Sat

Darren Kellys Blue and White Army!

I just hope its not us seeing the light in the Jake Bugg sense.

I just asked Mike Keegan and he reckons we'll get relegated. I'm more "confident" with 16th but it's a season of uncertainty with an unknown and untested manager who could be the next Mourinho or Dave Penney.

Still think we're light in the side and hope Corney & Gee make a last minute spree with Gerrard, Watmore (to appease the Postman and BP1960) and another striker.

Whatever will be will be and can't wait to be in the stand at the Banks tomorrow with my daughter to kick start another 9 months of ups and downs and downs!

You may jest but during the pre season I received a text off Baz Blatter offering me a meeting following some apparently derogatory comments I made about him. I rang him back and left a voicemail stating I.would meet at a neutral venue rather than the club....no response. 2 things sprang to mind. 1. Why he didn't remember me when slagging of ST's against hudds last pre season and 2. Where the hell.did he get me number from?

Anyway I digress.....see you Sat

Darren Kellys Blue and White Army!

Big Barry's watching you!

In his Chron interview, DK says:

"...The only thing I can ever do is give my all. I’m a very positive character and I hate negativity. Working around the players, I need them to be positive as well. It is vitally important. To get paid to do what they do, having such loyal supporters, you can only give your all.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93358/rookie-kelly-is-positive-example

Can't argue with that philosophy.

In his Chron interview, DK says:

"...The only thing I can ever do is give my all. I’m a very positive character and I hate negativity. Working around the players, I need them to be positive as well. It is vitally important. To get paid to do what they do, having such loyal supporters, you can only give your all.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93358/rookie-kelly-is-positive-example

Can't argue with that philosophy.

For someone who hates negativity, it appeared a lot in the tactics so far!!!

But that's pre season, hopefully once a ball is kicked in anger it all starts to gel.

In the Chron, Liam Kelly likes being at Latics and says it's a fantastic club. He hails DK as a rejuvenating influence and says:

“I have a great relationship with the gaffer and he has been brilliant from the first minute he stepped in at the end of last season, calling in everyone and speaking to them individually.

“Walsall were the better team than us when we played them late last season, though we played well against them when we beat them 2-1. We don’t want to start slowly and build into it. We want to hit the ground running at Walsall.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93361/breath-of-fresh-air

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Yes i saw that from Liam Kelly and felt it ws very encouraging - if there is positivity around the players we will be fine and as passionate supporters should keep following a positive note despite any setbacks- it would be nice if there were none but this is League 1.

Desperately sorry that i cant get to the game as I am in istanbul but hope to see some of you soon again.

Come on You Blues

to the tune of a well known Northern Irish ditty......

Oh Darren Boy

The Blues, the Blues are singing

From ground to ground

Across the Football League

And win or lose

We'll always follow Oldham

Oh Darren boy, oh Darren, Darren boy

....repeat ....

No