League Cup R1: Oldham v Middlesbrough

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, last night I was slagging philliskirk off, and im one of his biggest critics but also realise what talent he has and that's why I get frustrated with him easily, but last night he seemed to be more upfront than he was in midfield second half, and he had a few decent efforts and made some intelligent runs when Dunn came on.

Played in position, I think he'd be very useful and score 10 a season - he won't however be played in position for long enough to show himself! He's also been dropped into other positions simply because other players in the squad aren't as versatile.

You know what, last night I was slagging philliskirk off, and im one of his biggest critics but also realise what talent he has and that's why I get frustrated with him easily, but last night he seemed to be more upfront than he was in midfield second half, and he had a few decent efforts and made some intelligent runs when Dunn came on.

Played in position, I think he'd be very useful and score 10 a season - he won't however be played in position for long enough to show himself! He's also been dropped into other positions simply because other players in the squad aren't as versatile.

In an interview after the game, he said himself he had been instructed to play next to Kelly, deeper in midfield, and liked how he could make 3rd man runs into the box.

Got the interview from him here, I didn't bother listening to it at first because was frustrated with his performance but it wasn't actually that bad... still hanging onto the hope that he'll come good and a manager will have faith in him upfront.

If anyone's interested, 3 minute quite thorough interview with Philliskirk - http://bit.ly/1IHYMQ3

Edited by MAC0AFC

• 2 weeks later...