League Cup R1: Oldham v Middlesbrough

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont expect us to win but a better performance than last season and a closer game and id be happy. We wasnt partucular bad last season boro were just a class above. I fully expect them to be challenging for the automatic promotion places in the championship and maybe could play a weakend side.

I'd keep the team very similar to Saturday, maybe Forte in place of Turner. I'm sure there are players who didn't play yesterday who deserve a chance, but I feel that any continuity which keeps up the positive feeling is what we need. As little confusion as possible.

I was thinking we should start Gunning to give him time, but I'd keep the defence together. They started very slowly yesterday and improved as it went on, Burn and Wilson look like they could be a serious partnership.

I'd keep the team very similar to Saturday, maybe Forte in place of Turner. I'm sure there are players who didn't play yesterday who deserve a chance, but I feel that any continuity which keeps up the positive feeling is what we need. As little confusion as possible.

FORTE IS NOT A STRIKER PLEASE DO NOT PLAY HIM UP FRONT DARREN

Good that they've only got a 48hour turnaround between today's game and against us.

Interesting that liam Kelly mentioned we went 3-5-2 to combat them last season and it failed miserably.

Hopefully we'll take it to them on Tuesday but I've got a feeling the left winger Reach is going to destroy our right back whoever it maybe

I would like to see us keep the same formation but try out a few of the bench and youth lads, get the whole squad used to playing this formation, so if we need to throw a player in at the deep end we can knowing hes played in that style against stern oppo

I would like to see us keep the same formation but try out a few of the bench and youth lads, get the whole squad used to playing this formation, so if we need to throw a player in at the deep end we can knowing hes played in that style against stern oppo

Assuming Boro might be resting a few with promotion being their be all and end all this is a good chance for a big payday and/or possible TV coverage in the next round.

I expect us to be full strength for this & imagine that's what Corney will want too....

Concentrate on the league. Give Forte a brief run out but keep him ready for Fleetwood.

A cup run is great financially but when you have a small squad with a nucleus of quality then the league and succeeding in that takes priority over everything else.

Concentrate on the league. Give Forte a brief run out but keep him ready for Fleetwood.

A cup run is great financially but when you have a small squad with a nucleus of quality then the league and succeeding in that takes priority over everything else.

A win against Boro and a draw of someone like West Brom or Newcastle away would massively boost the coffers and maybe allow another class addition to the squad. Players need fitness still, strongest team for me.

But we havent got a small squad??

Dunn, Forte and Phil as subs. Poleon, Green, Murphy getting 0 minutes.

A win against Boro and a draw of someone like West Brom or Newcastle away would massively boost the coffers and maybe allow another class addition to the squad. Players need fitness still, strongest team for me.

I think we should now be more concerned with SC letting us keep all the players we already have, rather than him getting us some more.