League Cup R1: Oldham v Middlesbrough

Off topic a little, but I got home at about 9.15 this evening. I live about 100 yards from BP and all I could hear when I got home was Boro fans. I thought the acoustics were supposed to be worse in the Chaddy...

Was the same for the Bolton friendly, had the windows open in my office (hospital) and could hear them loud & clear.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic a little, but I got home at about 9.15 this evening. I live about 100 yards from BP and all I could hear when I got home was Boro fans. I thought the acoustics were supposed to be worse in the Chaddy...

i could hear them in Valencia on me hols LOL

Was the same for the Bolton friendly, had the windows open in my office (hospital) and could hear them loud & clear.

Does anyone actually care about the chaddy end accoustics? Basically 1200 away fans singing in there is always going to be louder than the 150 latics fans who sang in there. FACT!!

If 1200 latics fans sang in there it would be just as loud as 1200 mboro fans. Or do fans of other clubs have louder voices?

Defence is too exposed in current formation, our chief scout won't like it but a second proper defensive midfielder is needed.

Not really, you wont find many players of the quality Middlesborough had in this division.

Does anyone actually care about the chaddy end accoustics? Basically 1200 away fans singing in there is always going to be louder than the 150 latics fans who sang in there. FACT!!

If 1200 latics fans sang in there it would be just as loud as 1200 mboro fans. Or do fans of other clubs have louder voices?

Yeah but the bull:censored: about acoustics was part of the reason behind moving fans out. You'll get the same 150 sat elsewhere now (including spattered through the new stand) so It will be worse throughout the ground. Close the RRE and the new stand, the acoustics are :censored:e!

As for more important things. The game tonight highlighted our weaknesses really well because Middlesborough are good enough to show them up and also probably why so many L1 managers attended. B Wilson and Gunning did not deliver. Winchester struggles when he is closed down quickly. Cassidy has a decent touch and works hard. Dunn can change the game, if he can get the ball.

No disgrace tonight up against some top quality payers who exploited both our full backs. Dunn looked very good when he came on. Croft was the best Latics player for me.

If we keep Dunn fit, we could have a player who will create lots of chances for us, his positional sense is outstanding, and the sublime lob tonight that nearly did the keeper was a joy.

Not disheartened after that, Boro were superb and we won't face an attack as fast and precise as that in League One.

That said the defence was poor, B Wilson in particular and Gunning was very shaky. Brown has to come in for Wilson.

First look at Cassidy and I thought he was fantastic. Dunn too superb.

I thought we looked very good at times going forward. Could be an entertaining season.

And despite half the paddock bemoaning every single decision, I thought Boyeson was spot on throughout.

B.Wilson, Gunning, Winchester and Cornell all had shockers.

Men against boys tonight, the only player who stood out for me was Liam Kelly who was immense.

A couple of things worrying me but the main one is how on earth is Gunning getting game time in front of Dieng and Edmundson? It doesnt take a football genius to realise this guy is a crock, paceless and positionally clueless, at best he can be described as lame.

On the plus side we kept at it tonight, look good in spells going forward and will do well in the league if we show the same endevour this season.

I actually thought the Boro fans weren't as loud as they were last season in the RRE. Think the difference between fans singing at the front of the Chaddy and the back of the Chaddy is very noticeable in volume - front generates more volume than the back.

A few boys, most of which's voices haven't broken, are going to struggle to make the same noise as 1000 adult males, so comparing our fans in the RRE is a bit silly

No mention for mills? He was just as bad if not worse than Wilson tonight.

Kind of agree. Mills was at fault for Walsalls goal last Saturday too. But Wilson had the benefit of cover from crofty second half. Mills was isolated I thought.

Edited by welshgaz