League Cup R1: Oldham v Middlesbrough

I thought yesterday was a good attempt at having a go. Borough will be up there in the Championship this year and have some very good players. I'd rather lose a game having a go than like last season play negative a still get tonked.

If we play with that much 'umph' as we did at times yesterday, we will win more than we lose.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest disappointment last night was my pie. Were the pies last night the same as were at the North Stand open day? I was really looking forward to mine but it was nowhere near as good as I remembered from the open day.

To be fair it was probably one of those left over from the open day!

Biggest disappointment last night was my pie. Were the pies last night the same as were at the North Stand open day? I was really looking forward to mine but it was nowhere near as good as I remembered from the open day.

I tried one of the chicken balti pies after someone enthusing about them (and the chicken chilli pies of yore were, frankly, :censored:). The fillings was quite tasty but the pastry felt like it had been reheated at least once (bit doughy and overcooked). Definite improvement on last season though.

Mine was terrible too. Meat & Potato, dry as :censored:. Are they southern pies?

Got the steak and ale pie. It was in the top 5 pies I've ever eaten. 9/10

As the club constantly says money is a big issue. Then Corney has a regular rant over poor cup runs etc... Why mess about with the team last night it was even a chance for players to get another game together. When Boro then play a Premiership club....sulks re missed opportunities of ££

We aren't Chelsea with huge resources but if professional footballers cant play 3 games in a week something sadly wrong especially at front end of season. Forte Dunn perhaps need protection. Green must be injured surely? 21 shots is impressive if they look like threats on goal powder puff scuffs and technical flaws leaning back etc are just schoolboy stuff. Murphy ? Dieng ? why not involved. Will they be leaving?

Looks like if a team can handle Cassidy plan B is something way short.

Struggling with this. Youre moaning about rotating the team in the same post where you are questioning players not getting a game???