League Cup R1: Oldham v Middlesbrough

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think it was that long ago but a picture on there shows the new North stand framework and terracing was already up at this time last year.

It seems to have taken an age to get to where we are now!

Team for tonight then? Me personally I don't want any changes but I think there will be...

Coleman

Brown Wilson Burn Mills

Kelly

Winchester Jones

Poleon Green

Cassidy

(Poleon and green as wingers) That's not my team, that's what I think might be played.

Edited by MAC0AFC

Team for tonight then?

After watching the pre match interview id imagine we are sticking to the same formation but changing few players from saturday.. Dk hinted about not playing Burns (but that could be mind games from the londonderry mourinho)

My guess would be

Coleman

Brown Gunning/Deing J.Wilson Mills

Kelly

Winch Jones

Green

Cassidy Poleon

Team for tonight then? Me personally I don't want any changes but I think there will be...

Coleman

Brown Wilson Burn Mills

Kelly

Winchester Jones

Poleon Green

Cassidy

(Poleon and green as wingers) That's not my team, that's what I think might be played.

Think Gunning instead of Burn. DK says 20 year old Burn, having played a full pre season, would get tired. Jesus :petesake:

Think Gunning instead of Burn. DK says 20 year old Burn, having played a full pre season, would get tired. Jesus :petesake:

Players playing their first ever professional games, as Burn is don't forget, are often struck by how physically draining it is. With plenty of midweek games coming up, rather than being worthy of incredulity as you suggest, leaving him out tonight may be the sensible decision in the long run.

Personally, I would start tonight with:

Cornell

Brown - Wilson - Burn - Mills

Kelly

Winchester - Jones

Green

Cassidy - Poleon

Could make a case for Turner getting the nod over Poleon. Barring no first half knocks, I'd bring Gunning on for Burn and Dunn on for one of Green/Winchester and the for the final 20 minutes I'd bring Forte on for either of the strikers (preferably Poleon if Cassidy is still OK).

Gives Gunning & Dunn some more match-fitness, same with Forte, but also ensure Dunn & Forte dont over-exert and are still fresh for Saturday as I would like to lineup with this against Fleetwood:

Coleman

Wilson - Wilson - Burn - Mills

Kelly

Winchester - Jones

Dunn

Cassidy - Forte

Personally, I would start tonight with:

Cornell

Brown - Wilson - Burn - Mills

Kelly

Winchester - Jones

Green

Cassidy - Poleon

Could make a case for Turner getting the nod over Poleon. Barring no first half knocks, I'd bring Gunning on for Burn and Dunn on for one of Green/Winchester and the for the final 20 minutes I'd bring Forte on for either of the strikers (preferably Poleon if Cassidy is still OK).

Gives Gunning & Dunn some more match-fitness, same with Forte, but also ensure Dunn & Forte dont over-exert and are still fresh for Saturday as I would like to lineup with this against Fleetwood:

Coleman

Wilson - Wilson - Burn - Mills

Kelly

Winchester - Jones

Dunn

Cassidy - Forte

Croft gone from hero to zero in the space of a week then...

Middlesbrough sold 979 for today's game with pay on the day as well

Impressive.

It should be an excellent game tonight as long as we remain in the match for most of it. I'm not expecting a victory but a decent-paced game where we manage to get one or two and it'll be well worth watching for a tenner.