Oldham 1 Fleetwood 0

The first half was poor - the defence played like they'd not seen a football before in the first 20 minutes and we were lucky that Fleetwood couldn't shoot/Coleman played a blinder. But how many times have you come away from BP saying "we were all over them, should have had 5, and they get one chance and score"?? So it's nice to be on the other end of that for once.

The second half was an improvement, with a little better ball retention and some actual attacking intent. Croft was his usual self, loads of energy but end product lacking. Jones was one of the worst performers for me though - terrible distribution - I just hope it's a case of getting his sharpness back after being out.

Poleon wasn't as bad as some are making out. For a right footer on the left, it's always difficult.

A bit nerve wracking at the end with the penalty box pinball, but we managed to hold on to the points. I'll take it, obviously, but there's some serious improvement to be done if we're going to have anything other than the usual season of looking over our shoulders.

A big shout must go to the catering "facilities" which managed to run out of pretty much everything just as the half time whistle went in the RRE. It's bad enough there's only one food outlet for roughly two thousand people, but at last have things to sell. Cretins.

The main stand kiosk chaddy end side closed 5 minutes before the players came out leaving a few customers to go without. The balti pies are nice mind!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They had barbeque pringles left when I got to the front of the queue, after reading all the rave reviews about the facilities in there was expecting a little more on the menu. Bring back the burger van we used to have in there, the money the club must be losing is criminal. The queue for ale was as bad, a bottle bar would do good business next to the burger van, waiting for one person to pull pints as they are ordered for hundreds of customers is painful to watch.

The knives are out for DK already I was pissed when he was appointed but we've got to give this guy a chance, I feel for him when that first defeat comes, first two games a win and a draw and some people are already complaining, yes it wasent the best preformance but we had some good spells and did get lucky on occasions that's football, at the end of the day the result reads Oldham 1-0 Fleetwood its 3 pts for us and 0 for them you don't lose pts for being the poorer side, onto Colchester were hopefully we can improve on the fleetwood game and pick up another 3pts. Forte back on the wing Philly and Turner up front please !

The knives are out for DK already I was pissed when he was appointed but we've got to give this guy a chance, I feel for him when that first defeat comes, first two games a win and a draw and some people are already complaining, yes it wasent the best preformance but we had some good spells and did get lucky on occasions that's football, at the end of the day the result reads Oldham 1-0 Fleetwood its 3 pts for us and 0 for them you don't lose pts for being the poorer side, onto Colchester were hopefully we can improve on the fleetwood game and pick up another 3pts. Forte back on the wing Philly and Turner up front please !

Not true, the players and overall performance are being criticised but nobody has particularly pointed the finger at Kelly. I think more fans are willing to givehim a chance than is claimed on this board.

In relation to DK, i think hes done ok so far. The squad do seem motivated and hes made some good decisions substitute and starting 11 wise although theres a couple which i poassibly wouldnt have done. No knives out for him yet from me...however

Having watched him closely on the sidelines for two games, other than some brief motivational claps and shouts, ive heard or seen nothing really. I dont want a martin allen type who yells 90 mins and tells individuals where to stand at every dead ball or throw in but i would like to see messages going on to players to tweak things.

Reflected on the game over the weekend and read the post game thread with interest.

Undefeated after 2 league games and 4 points is not to be sniffed at, and also early season games are not always a good baraometer to judge the long term performances of teams across a whole season, but at the same time we have to be honest enough to assess the game overall. We rode our luck, particularly in the first half, and if we produce the same performance for the next 5 games in a row I'd be surprised if we accumulated more than 5 points.

If you are feeling optimistic, we've picked up points whilst stuttering and it gives us a platform to build from once the team starts to put the performances in over the next few games. On the flip side, continue to play like that and eventually the results will start to match the performances and we will slide towards a relegation battle.

Persoanlly I think we are a better team than we showed at the weekend, and I would expect to see the performances change for the better. A new manager, a few new players etc. there is reason to believe it will imporve. Not sure whether we are good enough to have anything other than midtable with the occassional flirtation with the Play-Offs, but looking at the other teams in the league I am not sure the competition is as tough as it has been in recent seasons.

As for the atmosphere....I found it odd. After a quarter of a century in the Chaddy I felt like an away supporter in my own ground. I mistakenly sat behind the Athleticos initially but moved as I didn't want to stand for the whole game, listen to young lads swear a lot and get deafened by a drum I moved to the other side.

Never been a big fan of the RRE and seeing the chaddy virtually empty with a few away fans rattling round inside didn't feel right. I know the Athleticos have their place and I won't sit behind them again - but given the increased number of people in the stand due to only having two stands available I would have either put them at the back of the stand where they can stand without impacting others, or for the time being done some stewarding to make them sit down a bit more whilst there are people behind. When the stand is less full, it is less of an issue, but until the North Stand opens (which looks like longer than a few weeks from what I saw at the weekend)

For all the chat of saying the performance wasn't up to scratch, it did come on the back of a couple of showings that had shown some promise. Of course, Cassidy played a big part in these and his loss will need to be dealt with but I'm saying we'll have ten points on the board by the end of August. Think about that.

For all the chat of saying the performance wasn't up to scratch, it did come on the back of a couple of showings that had shown some promise. Of course, Cassidy played a big part in these and his loss will need to be dealt with but I'm saying we'll have ten points on the board by the end of August. Think about that.

We could even go top tomorrow.