BP Refreshment Outlets: Complaints/Suggestions

Think using separate kiosks for beer and food might be a licensing issue, similar to how some pubs will only serve food from one till and you can't get beer there.

Isnt a problem at other grounds. As recently as Tuesday night both were on offer at the same kiosk. 6 staff for 200 of us as well, they also let everyone out for a fag as well so shouldnt be any issues with that either. Its refreshing when clubs actually want to enhance your matchday experiance rather than seeing you as a problem or an inconvenience.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think using separate kiosks for beer and food might be a licensing issue, similar to how some pubs will only serve food from one till and you can't get beer there.

At the Up Steps it's a scramble at the bar whether you want drink or food, which annoys me when I want to order a meal menu in hand, and people push in front just wanting a pint and the bar staff serve them first. The loudest shout syndrome I call it.

Edited by BP1960

Have made some suggestions: chips cooked centrally and delivered to the outlets in bags as I they did at Chester, bottled beers in plastic if necessary to save time and real ale in the 1895. Didn't get an answer though as I added a suggestion that they come clean on the date for opening the new North Stand.

Hate to say we need it but I'd rather have a chained queuing system than the current set up. Too many ignorant bastards pushing in knowing they will get away with it in the general confusion and people less likely to make a scene than they would in a pub or shop

Have made some suggestions: chips cooked centrally and delivered to the outlets in bags as I they did at Chester, bottled beers in plastic if necessary to save time and real ale in the 1895. Didn't get an answer though as I added a suggestion that they come clean on the date for opening the new North Stand.

Corney and Co are laughing at your email right now... shhh the fans shall never know anything it must be a secret...

I went for a chicken balti pie at 3:10pm to be told there was none left. Dont know if any more were made for half time as i had a beer. The beer is not that exoensive compared to pubs but why oh why do us football fans get proper ripped off when it comes to food!

3:10pm? Shouldn't you have been watching the game ...

I went for a chicken balti pie at 3:10pm to be told there was none left. Dont know if any more were made for half time as i had a beer. The beer is not that exoensive compared to pubs but why oh why do us football fans get proper ripped off when it comes to food!

Its the behind closed doors syndrome, got you in so you pay our price like it or not.

Edited by BP1960

At the Up Steps it's a scramble at the bar whether you want drink or food, which annoys me when I want to order a meal menu in hand, and people push in front just wanting a pint and the bar staff serve them first. The loudest shout syndrome I call it.

Its the behind closed doors syndrome, got you in so you pay our price like it or not.

That's two syndromes in one thread BP; are you getting paranoid or all medical on us? :icon_peace:

I can't see what was wrong with Clayton Park pies, I had one of the 'new' meat and potato pies last week and not only have they gone up in price, they have changed suppliers (for the worse). I doubt I will buy another as it was dry, appeared smaller and less tasty.

I know you can't please everyone all of the time but I feel that these were not 'taste tested' by a panel of Latics staff prior to going ahead with changing them. If it is a supply issue with Clayton Park pies then fair enough but at least substitute the pies to a better tasting pie. Can we not employ a local bakery such as Village Manor bakery in Waterhead to supply us the pies?

They really are some of the nicest around and have been since I was little (over 30 years).

On the subject of hot drinks, its a fact that the Kenco cups etc are around 30p each to buy when buying in bulk. Forget charging £2+ for one, drop them to £1-£1.20 each and I'll have two EVERY match. Instead, I do without and when its cold take my own flask purely to the cost factor.

Whatever happened to pile them high sell them cheap as the saying goes. Potentially, Latics are losing out on around £130 of business on coffee and pies alone just from me. This isn't factoring in my son and grandson who attend most matches with me. OAFC, you do the maths and see that I'm a missed opportunity (as my old headteacher once said hehe) for income.

Rant over.

I can't see what was wrong with Clayton Park pies, I had one of the 'new' meat and potato pies last week and not only have they gone up in price, they have changed suppliers (for the worse). I doubt I will buy another as it was dry, appeared smaller and less tasty.

I know you can't please everyone all of the time but I feel that these were not 'taste tested' by a panel of Latics staff prior to going ahead with changing them. If it is a supply issue with Clayton Park pies then fair enough but at least substitute the pies to a better tasting pie. Can we not employ a local bakery such as Village Manor bakery in Waterhead to supply us the pies?

They really are some of the nicest around and have been since I was little (over 30 years).

On the subject of hot drinks, its a fact that the Kenco cups etc are around 30p each to buy when buying in bulk. Forget charging £2+ for one, drop them to £1-£1.20 each and I'll have two EVERY match. Instead, I do without and when its cold take my own flask purely to the cost factor.

Whatever happened to pile them high sell them cheap as the saying goes. Potentially, Latics are losing out on around £130 of business on coffee and pies alone just from me. This isn't factoring in my son and grandson who attend most matches with me. OAFC, you do the maths and see that I'm a missed opportunity (as my old headteacher once said hehe) for income.

Rant over.

Pies were available for taste testing at NS open evening and were very nice.

Didnt bother reading the rest, but I did see the word flask. If youre already in the flask crew you have nothing to worry about.