Winchester.....

Poll added 13th October 2015  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would we amass more points with or without Carl Winchester at RM/CM for the rest of the season?

• More points with him in the side
    • More points without him in the side

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole team weren't very good for the first few games, some still aren't. Takes time for players to get into the rhythm of league football, to cast a few players aside (Winchester pre-injury, Poleon and I'm even going to stick up for Brian Wilson) can be seen as hasty. If a player's form dips mid season then by all means the bench or out completely are there to be used but to do it this early is questionable.

The whole team weren't very good for the first few games, some still aren't. Takes time for players to get into the rhythm of league football, to cast a few players aside (Winchester pre-injury, Poleon and I'm even going to stick up for Brian Wilson) can be seen as hasty. If a player's form dips mid season then by all means the bench or out completely are there to be used but to do it this early is questionable.

100% agree with this, after half a dozen games at the start of last season Liam Kelly was probably our most disappointing player but the manager to his credit at the time backed him and he played himself into form, many players in our League are confidence players who need encouraging and nurturing to get the best out of them.

A couple of good performances from him at the Euros would certainly add more to his to his value than any number of games for Latics,

I don't expect him to be getting any gametime unless he has an unbelievable season for us and they pick up some key injuries, but when you look at the NI bench there are plenty of League 1 & 2 and bottom end SPL players, so I can't see why he couldn't push his way into that squad

Who was the last player to be brought through at Latics to get a full international cap? That excludes Micah Richards, who left at 13...

So Carl is chalk or cheese. I suggest he won't be starting when fit because he is skilled rather than hard working and Darren wants hard workers. I'm not a fan because I think he gets stuck and falters when he has time to think.

Yeates doesn't have a reputation as a hard worker.....

• 5 weeks later...

With Northern Ireland qualifying for Euro 2016, young Carl's going to be wanting first team action bigtime... It's got to be a massive motivation for him to either become a big player for us or move elsewhere...

I think the latter is more likely, he had a couple of ropey performances early doors and has been completely written off to the point both managers have played loanees and mediocre free transfers infront of him.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here people this is a player not judged good enough to play in any position in 90% of our games this season, for peats sake we have played Danny Philliskirk in every position over Carl Winchester and people are talking about him playing in the euros...

Men in white coats needed.....

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here people this is a player not judged good enough to play in any position in 90% of our games this season, for peats sake we have played Danny Philliskirk in every position over Carl Winchester and people are talking about him playing in the euros...

Men in white coats needed.....

He was called up to the Northern Ireland squad in November last year - so he's on the radar there.

I reckon those men in white coats are indeed needed - to take you away.