should kelly go  

187 members have voted

1. 1. do you think kelly should be relieved of his duties

• yes immediately
    • give him another 4 games
    • give him until christmas
    • no he is the man to take us forward

Serious question to all -

Do you think Shez, Ricky or even Eyresy would have more influence and be more successful than Kelly and Holden?

I'll start by obviously saying yes

My frustration is that we could afford any of those three, they would jump at the chance of managing this club and dumping the other two would equally be affordable. Redfearn would be ideal and perhaps him being here today wasn't just coincidence

Why would people we affiliate with and like be more fruitful than a new person?

Our players are not Latics fans, but paid professionals (believe it or not).

10 games please - 6 with injuries is just rude.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we chill out - 6 games in... Look again in another 4 (not easy) games.

...another 4 games on with him in charge and I guarantee you that we will be no further forward. That's 4 wasted opportunities to fix a glaringly obvious mistake and problem.

Would love to be proved wrong but in 4 games we may have secured 6 points but we need 9 or 12

...another 4 games on with him in charge and I guarantee you that we will be no further forward. That's 4 wasted opportunities to fix a glaringly obvious mistake and problem.

Would love to be proved wrong but in 4 games we may have secured 6 points but we need 9 or 12

For me, respectable results were the 1st order of business for Kelly and I think we achieved this.

For the next month or two performances become much more important. Our season won't be decided by then but we'll have a much clearer idea of where we are headed and if it's worth making a change.

Hi All,

Didn't go today was at Shrewsbury though and the performance was pretty poor.

Trouble I think we have with Kelly is that he is learning on the job with no experience. LJ was also learning but had his Dad giving him a view into football management. As far as I know Kelly also hasn't played at a high level therefore hasn't had great managers to learn from.

My worry is we have employed somebody who is probably a very good coach but probably needs a no 1 in front of him at this stage of career. Maybe he will learn quickly though, my guess would be so long as we are not cut adrift he will be ok until the start of December. That will be by when he is expected to show strong signs of development.

Not sure calling for his head will do anything but provoke more of a them and us situation as well as a more inwardly facing board. I think he is there til Xmas whatever, hopefully by then as a previous poster has said the stand is open and we have improved. Then a decision to stick or twist will probably made. Just guessing though

Serious question to all -

Do you think Shez, Ricky or even Eyresy would have more influence and be more successful than Kelly and Holden?

I'll start by obviously saying yes

My frustration is that we could afford any of those three, they would jump at the chance of managing this club and dumping the other two would equally be affordable. Redfearn would be ideal and perhaps him being here today wasn't just coincidence

I would only entertain the idea of Redfearn as a future Oldham manager out of any club legends right now.

For me, respectable results were the 1st order of business for Kelly and I think we achieved this.

For the next month or two performances become much more important. Our season won't be decided by then but we'll have a much clearer idea of where we are headed and if it's worth making a change.

I'm sorry but it seems sensible, thought out posts like yours aren't allowed on here. Please remove yourself lol

Just a reminder......i go to football to be entertained, win lose or draw i want to pay my £20 and enjoy it.

Not enjoyed a match yet at home, and because i didnt buy a season ticket for the first time in 10 years because Corney went for the cheapest option, i will only give it a couple more home games i'm afraid..

Playing to not lose at home is a joke!

Are fans really thinking straight?

6 games in. Six.

Yes, we've been dull against mostly poor opposition, Kelly has played players out of position but come on, it's been 6 games and we've not even given him a chance to learn from his mistakes.

I said we needed a manager who would retain some of the new stand factor, but I think it's been the manager who has been subject to disillusionment as a result of the unfulfilled promises from the new stand rather than lose momentum the new stand created, and he's not been helped by comments from the board either.

I've been critical of some of his decisions so far, but SIX games?

We nearly got a point or more today, I wasn't great at my job after a few weeks, some of his staff weren't at the races.

But if you are despondent tonight, remember, up and down the road rather than crossing the street.

But, please drop the always passing it out from the back, the players aren't good enough for that. We lose the ball too far down the pitch when we do that.

8 games in, 6 goals.

Normally the new manager effect has a positive effect on most teams, we have effectively the same team as last season and even accounting for the loss of Cassidy its poor.

As others have alluded to, square pegs in round holes seems to be the order of the day, we are told the team is flying on the training pitch but its a different 11 every time we go out onto the pitch. Its no wonder we cant get going the players probably dont know their heads from their arses at the moment.

All doesn't appear well at Barnsley. I wonder if the board and LJ will realise we were a good fit for each other and he'll end up back here. Happened with Hill at Rochdale...

I'm probably one of the only ones but.... I :censored:ing hope not.

I have always tried to give new managers time, but Jesus this guy is testing my patience to the limit. Every Oldham fan can surely see for starters we're crying for two up front, and that Forte especially is not a lone striker. Playing one up top at home especially is a cardinal sin. And surely anyone with half a brain can see that Philiskirk is not a central midfielder . Where's the attractive football? I can't remember seeing a Latics side this static. It's dreadful, and the red card is no excuse. We'd been beyond dreadful for 35 minutes before that. Not impressed

His recruitment i cant fault

I can. It seems to have been obvious to the vast majority of Latics fans that, even before Cassidy's injury, we needed another striker. He eventually signed one, on the back of Cassidy's injury, on a short term loan who's unavailable for at least two games.

Then, when he signed O'Connell, who is a centre back, most assumed it was because Burn was injured but it appears to have been to cover the right back position. If he wanted a new right back, and I think most can appreciate why he would, he should have signed a player who actually plays in that position.