Lee Johnson's much vaunted PowerPoint - here it is

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was rather prescient if I say so myself. Dijkhuizen gone

Sold all their best players to make room for unproven foreign lads, by a manager who had no idea about the league, appointed by a Chairman who wanted too much control. Sounds about right.

Warburton must be pissing himself.

The only reason he's still at Brentford is because Fulham didn't meet their valuation. The outgoing manager was bringing in a lot of foreign players and was ready to sell Tarkowski, I'm not sure any new manager would be as keen .

The manager doesn't have final say on the signings there, he actually wanted more British players from what I've read.

Old Times.

Bill Shankly - “Football is a simple game, complicated by idiots”

Modern Times;

Jose Mourinho - "Football is a simple game at heart and that there is a tendency to over complicate analysis of it".

Clough: "Simplicity is genius".

Paul Ince:

vlcsnap-43555.png

• 3 weeks later...

Article by Rory Smith, which might be of interest to those who argue over whether the game has become overcomplicated

http://thesetpieces.com/features/the-long-read-footballs-new-holy-war/

Excellent.

As is the one he links to

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2626868/football-coverage-is-more-intellectual

Will be a very interesting few weeks at Barnsley.

Mark Cooper was the favourite (odds-on and of the board) for the Barnsley job when Johnson was appointed. Johnson's under pressure from supporters, in 17th place and Barnsley are notorious for sacking managers, all while Cooper is jobless.

Dickov and Johnson may be out of a job soon...

Will be a very interesting few weeks at Barnsley.

Mark Cooper was the favourite (odds-on and of the board) for the Barnsley job when Johnson was appointed. Johnson's under pressure from supporters, in 17th place and Barnsley are notorious for sacking managers, all while Cooper is jobless.

Dickov and Johnson may be out of a job soon...

We play them at home a couple of Weeks don't we? Imagine the poetic justice of a defeat at BP costing him his job... He's not got long left by all accounts. Hope he just hangs with a couple of nil-nils until we play them!

We play them at home a couple of Weeks don't we? Imagine the poetic justice of a defeat at BP costing him his job... He's not got long left by all accounts. Hope he just hangs with a couple of nil-nils until we play them!

I might go in the Main Stand Paddock for the first time ever, especially if Connor Brown sits in there with me!