New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will find that Ibby has copy and pasted my post. That's my reputation in tatters.

According to Twitter, the 768 post was at 2:42am on the 14th. Thw owtb one quoted above is dated 11:02am on the 14th. So, either you copied the Twitter post, or ......

Just saying, :smoking:

Perhaps they sweetened a deal for Evans by giving him half his salary up front to bung on himself when he was 11/1.

I'm not being entirely serious there by the way.

Why not ..... that's a cracking plan!

As long as you don't get caught of course! :shifty:

McCall to Bradford almost done deal according to a Scot journo - pretty shocked at that considering how badly it went last time. Going off Twitter I don't think their fans are too impressed.

Puts us in a funny position, cos I can't see the Evans thing actually happening, and McCall was far more realistic. Probably makes Bunn or Adams favourites again.

Matt Chambers fishing on Twitter "Thoughts on Steve Evans" makes me think it isn't Steve Evans, interesting Guttuso another "Character" who was in the frame last year got a young Pisa team promoted to Serie B, in the play off game, bottles thrown at him and he even got himself sent off .................. and to think Corney went for the outstanding candidate Dazzler :laught30:

While we wait....

Port Vale seem to be having a protracted recruitment exercise too. Interesting that their Chairman reduced the budget with a view to sacking the manager , who then left, and is now considering increasing the budget again. Not only at BP is there a funny set of goings on.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Chairman-lines-Portuguese-manager-plan/story-29392279-detail/story.html

Matt Chambers fishing on Twitter "Thoughts on Steve Evans" makes me think it isn't Steve Evans, interesting Guttuso another "Character" who was in the frame last year got a young Pisa team promoted to Serie B, in the play off game, bottles thrown at him and he even got himself sent off .................. and to think Corney went for the outstanding candidate Dazzler :laught30:

What makes you come up with that conclusion, he might just be gaging the fans reaction.

I took it as he was preparing his paper for tomorrow when he is appointed so he had some quotes from fans

Matt Chambers replied to someone asking If the Evans story was all smoke and mirrors to make to make it look like we had tried to find the best manager saying "No, it's more than that for sure".

So it's fair to assume that it's a possibility at least.