This "interim" manager business.... Has Dunn got it permanently or not, in your opinion?

Dunn  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Is he our permanent manager?

• Yes
    • No, I think they'll still look around

There is also an employment law standpoint, you can't employ a manager when the previous manager is still in his notice period and the appropriate negotiations haven't been completed yet.

What a load of :censored:.

If he is on trial, I can't see it working out with him as a player if he isn't kept on as boss. He doesn't seem to suffer self esteem problems.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn will pick himself to play every week he doesent seem to be the type of guy who wants to be stood on the touch line, I don't think this will work and I hope a permanent more suitable replacement is found soon as possible. Hopefully Redfearn being there twice is because he's in for the job

Or he's taking the donny job

I think he's got the job on a trial basis, and we're not looking for anyone else while we see how it goes. If he does ok, or maybe even if we limp along staying out of the relegation places, he'll stay in charge. If he's a disaster we can look to bring someone else in without actually having to sack him, as he's only 'interim' anyway.

I think it's temporary unless we do well in the next few weeks/months. Corney won't want to lose him as a player so I reckon David dunn has probably been told it's his until the new boss comes in, which obviously won't happen if he does well. I'm just glad we are shut of kelly. I never wanted him when he arrived being virtually unheard of. He was a risk that didn't work out. We move on.

In my opinion Dunn is now our manager on a permanent basis but some still seem to think we might appoint someone else, eg Redfearn...

What do you reckon?

He is the cheapest option as he doesnt cost us any extra. He will stay our manager if he wins 2 of the next 12.

Dunn will pick himself to play every week he doesent seem to be the type of guy who wants to be stood on the touch line, I don't think this will work and I hope a permanent more suitable replacement is found soon as possible. Hopefully Redfearn being there twice is because he's in for the job

I only just thought about this, that means Holden will be directing from the touchline. FFS

I think that this is a shrewd move. If reports (such as the Rarely Wrong and others) are true, the Board were unhappy with DK not long after he'd been appointed. If that's the case and they realised they'd dropped a bollock, it looks like they still tried to give him a fair crack of the whip. It looked, on occasions, that it may just have worked. Unfortunately, for all concerned, it got worse and couldn't continue.

It was obvious that DK had to go and it appears as though DH wasn't going to be risked until a replacement was found. If he was, then he'd have been in post by Sunday morning. Something had to be done quickly and, with DD's contacts, experience at the highest level and knowledge gained from some of the best in the game, it looks like a decent choice.

There's the chance now to see if he can pull it off. He's probably got a hell of a sight better chance than DK had. If it doesn't look like working (and we'll probably know pretty quickly with formations, brand of football etc) and nothing changes, we can still go after another manager with DD still here as a player. I think it's called hedging your bets.

Had there been an option to vote "Dunn's got the job for keeps unless ...", I'd have gone for that. It's not quite the same as the two choices up there.

And, please, can we stop trotting out this "cheap option" every time a new manager rocks up. Unless, of course, you know how much they're being offered and how much each and every applicant is asking for. If you don't know, it's pure speculation and boring.

I think that this is a shrewd move. If reports (such as the Rarely Wrong and others) are true, the Board were unhappy with DK not long after he'd been appointed. If that's the case and they realised they'd dropped a bollock, it looks like they still tried to give him a fair crack of the whip. It looked, on occasions, that it may just have worked. Unfortunately, for all concerned, it got worse and couldn't continue.

It was obvious that DK had to go and it appears as though DH wasn't going to be risked until a replacement was found. If he was, then he'd have been in post by Sunday morning. Something had to be done quickly and, with DD's contacts, experience at the highest level and knowledge gained from some of the best in the game, it looks like a decent choice.

There's the chance now to see if he can pull it off. He's probably got a hell of a sight better chance than DK had. If it doesn't look like working (and we'll probably know pretty quickly with formations, brand of football etc) and nothing changes, we can still go after another manager with DD still here as a player. I think it's called hedging your bets.

Had there been an option to vote "Dunn's got the job for keeps unless ...", I'd have gone for that. It's not quite the same as the two choices up there.

And, please, can we stop trotting out this "cheap option" every time a new manager rocks up. Unless, of course, you know how much they're being offered and how much each and every applicant is asking for. If you don't know, it's pure speculation and boring.

This.

Yet another sensible post from Bristolatic.

I know this is covered in brief above but I've tried to find confirmation. Presumably anyone on the books is allowed to cover a temporary or interim period and OAFC could say if asked that they already have a long list of more than 100 applicants, of which DK was the cream, and they are looking through those for a replacement. Myself Dunn looks a good choice.

"A UEFA Pro Licence is a mandatory qualification for managing in the FA Premier League and UEFA competitions.

Individuals who wish to work as a manager or a coach in the professional game or as a youth academy manager a level four – UEFA A Licence qualification is necessary."

Interestingly I can't find anything in the Football League Regulations that requires the manager to have the coaching badges but it seems it is somewhere and anyway anyone who starts managing in football will aim one day to work in the Prem so DD does need his Pro Licence. I'm still of the opinion that these badges are responsible for the power points and have detracted from the game at our level.

Edited by Hands on

"A UEFA Pro Licence is a mandatory qualification for managing in the FA Premier League and UEFA competitions.

Individuals who wish to work as a manager or a coach in the professional game or as a youth academy manager a level four – UEFA A Licence qualification is necessary."

Does anyone know how much UEFA/The FA make from these daft badges?

I know this is covered in brief above but I've tried to find confirmation. Presumably anyone on the books is allowed to cover a temporary or interim period and OAFC could say if asked that they already have a long list of more than 100 applicants, of which DK was the cream, and they are looking through those for a replacement. Myself Dunn looks a good choice.

Individuals who wish to work as a manager or a coach in the professional game or as a youth academy manager a level four UEFA A Licence qualification is necessary."

Interestingly I can't find anything in the Football League Regulations that requires the manager to have the coaching badges but it seems it is somewhere and anyway anyone who starts managing in football will aim one day to work in the Prem so DD does need his Pro Licence. I'm still of the opinion that these badges are responsible for the power points and have detracted from the game at our level.

It says it right there in the quote you posted...

"Individuals who wish to work as a manager or a coach in the professional game or as a youth academy manager a level four UEFA A Licence qualification is necessary."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/1572894/mark-lomas-counting-the-cost-of-coaching

This details the costs and how much more expensive it is to take these badges with the English FA than in other countries.

I beleieve this is why you see a lot of coaches doing their badges with the Welsh or Irish FA.

This.

Yet another sensible post from Bristolatic.

Thank you

Agreed.

Get him banned!! :icon_peace:

Thank you. Bastard. :grin:

Good post by Bristol. Well, until he tried to tell us that we dont always take the cheap option, went and ruined his post with that comment.

I didn't say that, Monty. I suggested that no one knows for certain without having the inside track.

A massive industry has been made out out this and many empires built, it will come to pass one day pupils will have to attend public schools then Oxbridge to take a football coaching course and thus guarantee a lifelong career.

I'm sounding like Jeremy Corbyn now. :grin: