Oldham v Wigan

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Eckersley a Left Back then? I thought he was a Right Back? I thought we wanted to end Square pegs and all that.

I thought, as does oafc1955, he was able to play anywhere across the back four, and has done a number of times. As the_mighty_bosh says, needs must.

Don't worry, I'll tie him up and throw him to Barry for you.

I appreciate the offer, but I wouldn't wish even a few seconds with Barry on anyone. Oh wait ... Go on, then.

Coleman

Dieng J Wilson Burn Eckersley

Kelly

Croft Fulton Jones Yeates

Higdon

Breaking into a 4-3-3 with Fulton and Jones supporting Higdon, Croft and Yeates supplying the crosses. Am I dreaming?

Bench: Cornell, B Wilson, Brown, O'Connell, Winchester, Poleon, Stan

And bear in mind that I've not been able to get to a single game this season, so I basically know :censored: all.

Not enough pace in that side. Fulton and Croft on the bench for me with Poleon and Winchester/Philliskirk starting.

Third game of the season for me today...

We are Latics.

I appreciate everyone's attempt at a side but no one has included Danny 'Bulletproof' Philliskirk. He's started every league game so far hasn't he?

Except the seasons best performance to date at Walsall. Hmmm.

I like the lad and think he's been doing a decent job in the absence of Kelly in CM, particularly at Bury. However, he shouldn't be picked in the midfield ahead of the current crop and with Higdon up, we're gonna need pace around him, which DP simply doesn't offer.

Edited by eyres_28

Except the seasons best performance to date at Walsall. Hmmm.

I like the lad and think he's been doing a decent job in the absence of Kelly in CM, particularly at Bury. However, he shouldn't be picked in the midfield ahead of the current crop and with Higdon up, we're gonna need pace around him, which DP simply doesn't offer.

I used to like him. Now I'm not sure why he gets picked so much. I genuinely don't notice anyone who gives the ball away as much and is so easily nudged out of possession.

After seeing the team sheet, I've decided to stay at the pub.

:censored:ing clueless. (Unless we win 5-0 in which case he'll be a football genius but we all know we're going to lose again).

Looks all down to the new lads to change things.

Looks all down to the new lads to change things.

Eckersley on the bench while Brown continues to steal a living pretending to be a footballer though?!

Yeates, probably the only natural winger capable of putting a decent cross in the box on the bench? Who's going to stick the ball on Higdon's head?

Cornell? Absolutely :censored:e when he's played. I get that Dunn think Coleman is too comfortable but you change that by bringing in a keeper that can truly challenge him, not by cutting off your nose to spite your face. Coleman is by a distance better than Cornell so :censored:ing play him Dunn!!

Continue to play long balls aimlessly, no guile but ffs where is the passion?! Even a hint. And press them a little higher. Trying to be positive but it's fairly depressing. Oh and one up top at home with no pace. Not working. Oh well. Maybe a sneaky goal and who knows...