Oldham v Wigan

2 up front a winger crosses the ball and we score..does that tell the manager and coaches something?

That it's vital to have numerous UEFA qualifications and experience within the sport, because football is such a complicated game to work out..

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlikely one upfront again next week

I'd say its very likely, same old same old today.

Can I just add that Mike Jones was simply shocking today and was allowed to take all the dead balls even though not one found its target, he also needs a boot with studs on because when he wasnt giving the ball away he was slipping on his arse.

Wish our players would shoot more rather than keep passing it around and losing possession in the box.Poleon livened things up and good flick on by Higson to Poleon should have made it two.Great save at end of the first half kept us in it.

Who would have thought two strikers might actually work? Credit to poleon today, looked lively and willing to run at the defence.

After another shocking first half the team shape was better second half and we actually created chances.

Let's hope the lone striker idea has been binned off now, the improvement second half ( albeit against ten men ) when we went two forwards was plain to see, even Steve wonder would have noticed that!

Jones was poor doesn't look like the same player as last season ,philliskirk brings absolutely nothing to the team thought Fulton needed that game sure there will be more to come from him I'm sure he was the only one who found space and higdon was a handful all game hopefully another forward to sign this week

I'd say its very likely, same old same old today.

Can I just add that Mike Jones was simply shocking today and was allowed to take all the dead balls even though not one found its target, he also needs a boot with studs on because when he wasnt giving the ball away he was slipping on his arse.

He had a poor first half, but was very good in the Kelly role after he went off I thought. Let Yeats and Fulton take the set plays in future.

:censored: again first half.

Massive positive that Dunn got them having a proper go and made some effective changes in his 4th half as a manager. He was animated at times, as was Keith Brown with his Rafa Benitez arms, and - most importantly - the players seemed to want to hear what he had to say from the sideline unlike his predecessor.

He got a tune out of Poleon who was fantastic.

He got us to do well against 10 men - that never, ever happens. I groaned and thought that would be it when their man was sent off.

Jones was back to his excellent self.

I though Fulton was :censored:e first half but very good second half. A cross between Gary McDonald & Dale Stephens :grin:

Higdon will do well for us.

I was thoroughly entertained for a good 20 minutes in the second half and it feels like ages since that happened.

Was Kelly injured or was it precautionary?

Who would have thought two strikers might actually work? Credit to poleon today, looked lively and willing to run at the defence.

After another shocking first half the team shape was better second half and we actually created chances.

Let's hope the lone striker idea has been binned off now, the improvement second half ( albeit against ten men ) when we went two forwards was plain to see, even Steve wonder would have noticed that!

didn't go today - we went two up top and scored?

- didn't that happen in the last home game?

Pair of :censored:ing dinosaurs..... :grin:

Going 2 up top isn't what got us the point. We actually started pressing and we could do that with one up top. The players just need to run more instead of standing off and sitting back. Higdon looks like he could be able hold ball up and if you have Fulton etc bursting forward one up top works

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Stevie_J, September 26, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, September 26, 2015 - No reason given

WANKERS!!!

BP1960 is the absolue epitome of a main stand moaning gimmer and unfortunatley for us it seems to be contagious.

Constructive critism is what it's called, some can't stand it obviously.

This person has a personal agenda by naming me and I now tend to ignore all except his most vitriolic posts.

At least I can hold a conversation without resorting to filth.

Edited by BP1960

Going 2 up top isn't what got us the point. We actually started pressing and we could do that with one up top. The players just need to run more instead of standing off and sitting back. Higdon looks like he could be able hold ball up and if you have Fulton etc bursting forward one up top works

How is it then two combined up front when we gained the point, that goal wouldn't have been scored otherwise.

I've seen some :censored:e on twitter and on here, Dunn said he was going to try and nick games 1-0, we're set up not to lose at the minute, we're coming off a 1-5 spanking and a manager with two games under his belt. Of course it isn't going to be Barcalona football. The amount of people in the RRE moaning that Cornell didn't release it quickly or that the defence didn't start quick breaks was unbelievable. After about 20 minutes it was clear that the game plan was to build slowly and try to retain possession, not great to watch but I'll watch that over 1-5 spankings every week.

I'll take a manager trying to feel his way into management based on a side that is hard to beat - that's the plan, the execution is off at times but that's football, there is another team trying to stop your plan working so you don't always get your own way but I'd rather this approach than a gung-ho attempt at tika-taka with 3rd division players.

That OAFC side is one that is low on confidence, new players fitting in and a new manager trying to get them to do certain things, Rome wasn't built in a day and as we all know even a bloody stand takes time let alone a team. Two games undefeated for Dunn now, we've scored in each and there are positives to take away and the bad stuff wasn't that bad really. Anyone with higher expectations needs to have another look, we've been in this league for a billion years for a reason, there is no reason why it won't be gash or dull or boring or dreadful or rubbish.

We didn't lose, we got back in it and salvaged a point from a game where we could have sunk to another home defeat. Their goal was a mess by us but all credit to their lad, that was a lovely finish. Vale next at the graveyard, if we nick another 1-1 there that is another good result, anything more than that will be a bloody miracle!

Could we not do even better with them doing that and having two up top?

:censored: again first half.

Massive positive that Dunn got them having a proper go and made some effective changes in his 4th half as a manager. He was animated at times, as was Keith Brown with his Rafa Benitez arms, and - most importantly - the players seemed to want to hear what he had to say from the sideline unlike his predecessor.

He got a tune out of Poleon who was fantastic.

He got us to do well against 10 men - that never, ever happens. I groaned and thought that would be it when their man was sent off.

Jones was back to his excellent self.

I though Fulton was :censored:e first half but very good second half. A cross between Gary McDonald & Dale Stephens :grin:

Higdon will do well for us.

I was thoroughly entertained for a good 20 minutes in the second half and it feels like ages since that happened.

Was Kelly injured or was it precautionary?

Kelly was booked and warned several times, I think he was tiring, but possibly a walking red card