FT: Gillingham 3 - 3 Oldham

Still no win??

FFS this is a disaster!

Can we all finally acknowledge that Dunn has lost the dressing room and doesn't have a clue how to win a football match!

DUNN OUT!

That better?

In fairness, no win in 9 is a slight worry. Obviously considerations have to be taken but we're 14 points behind BURTON ALBION and are level on points with 3rd bottom...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new right back had a shocking opening 10 minutes which included letting them get away for the opener. He improved later on but didn't look better than what we've already got.

Philliskirk did well to keep possession in their box to tee up Higdon for the deflected equaliser.

Offside trap went awry for their second, although Cornell's response to being exposed was pathetic.

I think it was Higdon who put Poleon in for the second Latics equaliser. Brilliant pass picking out a great run and Poleon finished.

Second half Latics looked the more likely with Poleon absolutely magnificent. Brilliant work from Dom and a great cross finished neatly by Higdon.

A really stuffy deflection gave them a third.

I've been critical of Poleon since he signed but today's performance was right up there with Morais v Huddersfield at BP a few seasons back.

Sort out the :censored: defending, and it was :censored: again, and suddenly we seem to have a season to look forwards too.

Completely agree with this.

In fairness, no win in 9 is a slight worry. Obviously considerations have to be taken but we're 14 points behind BURTON ALBION and are level on points with 3rd bottom...

Yeah I know what you are saying, but to be fair I doubt there are many clubs in the country that are run better than and as efficiently as Burton at the moment. I'd be surprised if Hasselbaink is there at the end of the season too as he clearly understands this management lark.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

From the gills forum...

'Credit to Oldham. Gave it a real go and were well worthy of their point. I thought their front two were the best we've seen this season. Classic combination of a big lump and a quickie playing off him. Very effective. Higson was the difference for me - we just couldn't deal with his aerial threat.'

Lets hope this is the start of a decent partnership that can catapult us up that league

Second game i've been to (first being that forgettable 0-0 at Colchester). Thought the width and focus on counter attacking was the big difference today. The new right back proved a real attacking threat and could really be an asset in the coming weeks (if he also starts to defend), especially when combined with a marauding Poleon and tricky Fulton.

Would have liked to see Winchester on for Danny Phil at some point in the second-half. Other than that was a great performance excluding the first awful 10 minutes.

I'd like to see less loan players in the squad but overall they have improved the squad massively from the start of the season.

Goalkeeping is about the saves you don't make, rather than the ones you do.

ffs!

Bring Coleman back then after he didn't save anything against Peterborough.

I've read some bollocks on here in the last few weeks but you win!

Edited by palmer1

Our full backs were absolutely lousy at defending but got forward well, especially second half.

Cornell was pathetic for their second goal, offside trap went wrong but he completely bottled it and made no attempt to challenge their player, reminded me of Oxley!

Polls was immense, never stopped running and even looked up a couple of times, his cross for our second and the finish were sublime. He was loving it out there and deserved to knock in a winner.

Overall, turned into a good performance and an entertaining game after a pretty rubbish first 20 mins. Still not convinced Dunn should be manager but looks like we're stuck with him for a while so onwards and upwards. It'd be nice to actually see a win though, 16 games and counting for me now

Does anyone else have that feeling that we might have turned a corner?

Sheffield Utd aside, I think we may get a couple of wins in the coming weeks plus a draw or two and we're heading into the Top 10.

Port Vale beat Sheff Utd today, why can't we beat them as well?

Anybody can beat anybody in this league.

We just to get the right balance, We aren't far away....

ffs!

Bring Coleman back then after he didn't save anything against Peterborough.

I've read some bollocks on here in the last few weeks but you win!

You were probably one of those that defended Rachubka, therefore your opinion would be irrelevant...

Port Vale beat Sheff Utd today, why can't we beat them as well?

Anybody can beat anybody in this league.

We just to get the right balance, We aren't far away....

I agree....and look what happens when you manage Poleon effectively plus play to his strength by bringing in Higdon.

:lol:

Goalkeeping can't not be about the saves you make!

I don't get what's hard to understand about it.

Goalkeeping mistakes are usually costly to the maximum extent, therefore the best goalkeepers are the ones which make the least mistakes. Most goalkeepers at each level have a similar ability to shot-stop, and rarely do goalkeepers make a save that another goalkeeper physically could not make. Therefore goalkeepers are judged on mistakes.

Just seen the 2nd & I think some are maybe being a little harsh on Cornell?

They broke the offside trap and Cornell came out the striker and star jumped to make himself big. The striker was clever and headed down but he could have just as easily tried to head over him. Cornell had a second to decide which, he choose wrong.

Edited by palmer1

You were probably one of those that defended Rachubka, therefore your opinion would be irrelevant...

I'm not sure what I said...I probably would have had a logical point to make though

However you posted this..

Goalkeeping is about the saves you don't make, rather than the ones you do.

Which is :censored:ing hilarious! :) Edited by palmer1

The same Rachubka who kept 14 clean sheets in 39 games and only conceded 37 goals?

We also won 15, drew 18 and lost 6 times with him in net aswell.

Edited by RobOAFC