FT: Gillingham 3 - 3 Oldham

Perhaps he should have tried to catch it or punch it. That's what his hands are for. He did the same at Doncaster.

Coleman the better keeper for me.

Agreed.

But not sure chopping and changing goalkeeper is the best bet, look at what happened with Bouzanis/Cisak, stick with Cornell for now

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Port Vale beat Sheff Utd today, why can't we beat them as well?

Anybody can beat anybody in this league.

We just to get the right balance, We aren't far away....

It makes our point on Tuesday look better.

If you look at 3 out of the top 4, Bury, Gills and Walsall, we've gone to all 3 away and none have managed to beat us. At the very least we've proven hard to beat and that holds us in much better stead than the other teams around us at the minute. If teams check their fixture and see they have Oldham on Saturday they really shouldn't expect 3 points, that's quite nice to know, that we're not powder puff. Even if we are as threatening as a mouse's fart.

Edited by PlayItLivo

To be fair, Dunn said we wanted to be hard to beat and for the next couple of games we were. He then said after Port Vale maybe we'd gone too far that way and needed to go forward a little bit more, by all accounts we certainly did that yesterday.

Just needs to strike that balance in between, but he's definitely getting his message across to the players.

The signs of improvement have been there, that's great, but next week is a must win for me now, we have to put it together and get a good win at home.

Edited by dec666

That ball for the second was Cornell's to win he should have took everything there. The first goal is the same we've conceded time and again this year notably twice v Posh, Bury and Port Vale but Higopottamus is really growing on me and him and Dom look to forging a useful partnership. The first goal is the big fellas too it was on target. Encouraging we've got the Oldham only 1 goal monkey off our backs but I'm looking for a minimum of 4 points from the next two home games

I do think Cornell should have done better for their second goal, as Prozac says he should have taken everything there.

I do prefer Coleman, he seems more assured to me.

Coleman didn't cover himself in glory with that 1st goal for Bradford. Unfortunately at this level it's always going to happen. Both decent though so not the end of the world.

From watching the highlights I couldn't criticise Cornell really. One on one situation he makes himself big but the forward was intelligent and did better

It happens.

He dithered. And ended up in no mans land as a result.

The defence didn't cover itself in glory either.

Does anyone else have that feeling that we might have turned a corner?

Sheffield Utd aside, I think we may get a couple of wins in the coming weeks plus a draw or two and we're heading into the Top 10.

His talk of being braver in possession looks to have started to bear fruit yesterday.

He's signed a dependable striker in Higdon and seems to be letting & encouraging Poleon to dare to dream...

If Lafferty and Dummingan are better than what we had that allows our midfielders to attack more & defend less. And allows us to leave Croft on the bench then bring him on to run around a lot to help preserve a point or three.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday for the first time in ages.

The players going into it confident they can score goals should make a huge difference...

Edited by HarryBosch

From watching the highlights I couldn't criticise Cornell really. One on one situation he makes himself big but the forward was intelligent and did better

It happens.

Everyone in the ground could see he should have claimed that second, he hesitated and ultimately cost a goal. Although we do miss that screaming for offside bollocking everyone presence in the back line that Lockwood would have given us last year. Higdon was the only one giving it out.

Higdon needs to sign permanently, he was utter class again. Mom for me, Does exactly what his role requires, and fair play to Poleon, he played well, although he was slightly lucky with some of the touches he made, but I guess you make your own luck.

Right back, to be fair hadn't played a game and signed Friday afternoon and had a shocker 1st half, but 2nd half I thought he was excellent. Left back was steady aswell, happy to finally have a couple of good full backs in place.

I feel if Yeates had come on, instead of Croft, we would have won that game. Croft looks out of confidence and doesn't have the pace to make a yard to get a decent ball in unfortunately.

Genuine question - if yesterday finished 1-1 would everyone be as interested in next week's game as they are now as it finished 3-3.

I'm happy cause we scored 3, but we still didn't win, so it just seems odd the sudden upturn in confidence and interest in the club (not that I'm complaining).

I think the upturn in interest is due to the fact that yesterday we seemed to show a proper attacking intent from the word go, and then we carried on trying to win the game once we had equalised. Rather than allowing the game to drift into settling for a draw like we had done previously.

Genuine question - if yesterday finished 1-1 would everyone be as interested in next week's game as they are now as it finished 3-3.

I'm happy cause we scored 3, but we still didn't win, so it just seems odd the sudden upturn in confidence and interest in the club (not that I'm complaining).

It was a game against an in form side who were 3rd in the league.The most ardent Latics fan can't have thought we would get much out of it.

As it is we got a point, scored 3 against a decent side and took the game too them rather than trying to not get beat, we went to win.

Reason's to be optimistic...

Edited by palmer1

It was a 3-3 draw against top of the league.

It now seems more likely that we'll win and more likely that we'll be entertained next week.

Another hard fought 1-1 draw. while it would have been more creditable than most of the other 1-1 draws, wouldn't have had me hopeful of seeing some goals on Saturday.

Edited by HarryBosch

Everyone in the ground could see he should have claimed that second, he hesitated and ultimately cost a goal. Although we do miss that screaming for offside bollocking everyone presence in the back line that Lockwood would have given us last year. Higdon was the only one giving it out.

Higdon needs to sign permanently, he was utter class again. Mom for me, Does exactly what his role requires, and fair play to Poleon, he played well, although he was slightly lucky with some of the touches he made, but I guess you make your own luck.

Right back, to be fair hadn't played a game and signed Friday afternoon and had a shocker 1st half, but 2nd half I thought he was excellent. Left back was steady aswell, happy to finally have a couple of good full backs in place.

I feel if Yeates had come on, instead of Croft, we would have won that game. Croft looks out of confidence and doesn't have the pace to make a yard to get a decent ball in unfortunately.

As I said, from the highlights on tv that wasn't obvious but if everyone who was there thought so, fair enough

Guest Stanley30

Any chance we can get a ratings of the players from those who went to the game?

Am keen to see how people rated the new signings. Cheers

Any chance we can get a ratings of the players from those who went to the game?

Am keen to see how people rated the new signings. Cheers

Cornell 6

Lafferty 5

Wilson 6.5

Burn 6

Other guy 5

Kelly 7

Jones 7

Fulton 7

Phil 6.5

Poleon 8

Higdon 7.5

Edited by Monty Burns

Dom Poleon Verified account @MrPoleon Oct 3

Drawing hell! Na delighted with the goal and assist, our performance shows how much we've come on! Thanks to the travelling fans #oafc

Kev Longhurst @GFCKev Oct 3

Best opposition player of the year by far was @OfficialOAFC number 9. Not struggled with a player like that all season. #gfc#gills#oafc