back to our best?

I actually thought they were the best officials we have seen for a long time in the first half. Its like they have had a brain transplany at half time

Or they were reminded in no uncertain terms that that isn't how they're expected to referee when such a big club is playing.......?

Ref gave them everything in both halves for me. This was epitomised 2nd half when their lad pushed Burn while the ball was still 10yds behind him and the ref gave the subsequent tackle as a foul against Burn. He seemed to have the big club syndrome with them. Allowed Adams and Baxter to get in his ear and was happy to listen and even laugh along with them.

How Baxter's knee back isn't a pass back, I will never know. The ref signalled that it hit his thigh - is that not simply an extension of his foot, thus an indirect FK 10yds from goal?

Didn't go, so can't say much about the ref today, but we always seem to get bad refs against Sheffield United. The away game last season rings a bell for a particularly bad one.

I listened to the game on Radio Sheffield, and they (unsurprisingly) didn't agree with the home fans criticisms against the ref. The co-commentator decided that the Main Stand were moaning just because we have 'an old fan base'.

[quote name="eyres_28" post="809005" timestamp=

How Baxter's knee back isn't a pass back, I will never know. The ref signalled that it hit his thigh - is that not simply an extension of his foot, thus an indirect FK 10yds from goal?

The laws of the game say that a pass back is only punishable if deliberate and below the knee

Sorry but your talking out of your arse, no more :censored:ed than any other midfielder in our team.

Was he very good? Yes.

Was he blowing out of his arse with 15 left? Yes.

So clearly I'm not talking out of my arse, you helmet.

I thought the Burn sending off was useful for two reasons:

1. Dieng should get to play a full match at CH with Wilson and hopefully prove that he should be starting games.

2. We played 3 5 1 and with our full backs pushed up into the 5 (Wilson came on to make up the 3) coped well with the extra Utd man. Why not try 3 5 2 whilst we have the Burnley pair?

Or they were reminded in no uncertain terms that that isn't how they're expected to referee when such a big club is playing.......?

I have to keep reminding myself that they are almost as big as the mighty PNE!

Mike Jones can't play on the wing? Lolz.

He had their fullback on toast, MOTM.

He didn't play badly but there's still something missing this season. Not quite at his best yet.

I definitely think that he's looked his best the two times he's dropped in to a holding midfield position, he can have such a big influence on the game there.

Edited by dec666

He didn't play badly but there's still something missing this season. Not quite at his best yet.

I definitely think that he's looked his best the two times he's dropped in to a holding midfield position, he can have such a big influence on the game there.

Wouldn't disagree with that, yesterday was certainly the best I've seen him play this season though.

Was he very good? Yes.

Was he blowing out of his arse with 15 left? Yes.

So clearly I'm not talking out of my arse, you helmet.

I said he was no more :censored:ed than our other midfielders, Fulton, Philly and Jones were all blowing at around 75 minutes also, its not a crime but to pick him out when others were blowing also seems a little strange, Fulton was actually replaced in front of Winchester.

4-1-3-1-1.

4 defenders

Kelly

3 mids

Philly

Poleon

Looked at sky bet odds for yesterday's game for first scorer , it was philliskirk

I said to my daughter, don't waste your money, never in a month of Sunday's

Shows what I know

I'd like to see 2 up top st Dale

Poleon and higdon, with fuller to come on off the bench when we're 2 up!

Btw , what a strange running style fuller has

Edited by stevesidg