Is Dunn the right man?

David Dunn's Managerial Magic  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who believes David Dunn is the right manager to keep us up and take us forward?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a comparison between sides and you can't discount just how calamitous it has been at the management level at the club since February.

Smith has built this Walsall side over a few seasons, Hasselbaink is new but Burton have been a stable club with good managers with direction, Gillingham have Edinburgh at the helm who also seems to have instilled something that has run from the back end of last season.

Prozac is spot on above. We let the momentum of last season drain away with Holden and it's come to bite us on the arse, unfortunately. Add to that the appointment of a guy who was against it from the start, and wasn't capable of the task.

All very good points.

So why is there little or no desire/patience to let Dunn have a go at trying to build something similar?

All very good points.

So why is there little or no desire/patience to let Dunn have a go at trying to build something similar?

Because some fans are expecting a Holywood managerial appointment who Corney will give a pot of gold to to sign whoever we want at any cost, with immediate impact on the pitch...

All very good points.

If we had a manager who was sending us out to have a good go every game but not getting the results there would be desire/patience for that....

He's not sending us out to do that and we're bored :censored:less...

Unfortunately for Dunn many of us have got no stomach for it now after too many years of little or no hope.....

Edited by HarryBosch

Because some fans are expecting a Holywood managerial appointment who Corney will give a pot of gold to to sign whoever we want at any cost, with immediate impact on the pitch...

No. I'd be perfectly happy with David Dunn if he had me enjoying watching us. Win, lose or draw (as long as we didn't lose too many)...

In fact Dunn was a "Hollywood" appointment (& signing) in my eyes.....

A month or two in he's looking more Hollinwood...

Edited by HarryBosch

David dunn has given us the same amount of half decent perormances as darren kelly with more games. Yet gets a lot less stick

And he comes across as if he doesn't give a :censored: in post match interviews.

Can somebody please tell me what he has brought to the club, not liked him from day one but can someone please explain what he offers us, someone described it as losing a decent player and ending up with a :censored: manager which is pretty much where I am at.

I can not see where I said we should. Am pointing out Darren Kelly got so much abuse and David Dunn is getting off lightly in comparison yet its much the same.

It's less chaotic with Dunn, players seem to know what is being asked of them even if it isn't great to watch.

There was a clamour for Dowie to get the job before Darren Kelly did. Dowie did exactly the same...

Dowie left us after we started coming out of the :censored: (thanks to him). He went up a division.

:censored:face left us after leading us into the :censored:. He went to a similar club in the same division.

David dunn has given us the same amount of half decent perormances as darren kelly with more games. Yet gets a lot less stick

Because, despite similarly :censored: results & arguably poorer performances, he does seem to have more about him than Kelly.

He seems to have more (I.E. some) respect from his players and staff and seems to have contacts that could serve us very well in the future....

Unfortunately it all goes to :censored: at 3pm every Saturday at the moment.....

All very good points.

There was something built and it's been dismantled so quickly that patience has been lost. That and the sneaky nature of his appointment has soured it.

I am happy for him to be given time but most managers are judged as an extension of the regime and context above them. See: Darren Kelly.

Edited by NewBlue

Where is the older head in the management team team Dunn, Holden and the new coach all seem out of the same mould to me, all powerpoints and bollocks but little experiance in the real world, what makes anyone think Dunn is any more ready than Kelly was?

None of them changed anything. None of them can clearly motivate the players. All we need is a motivator not a genius tactician