Is Dunn the right man?

David Dunn's Managerial Magic  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who believes David Dunn is the right manager to keep us up and take us forward?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interesting to see what the results of this poll would be at the end of November after the next four league games.

I think that we should have a poll on that. Will we be any more optimistic in 30 days time? Odds on its No.

If we win all the games in November, the odds will still be on No, it's bloody Latics fans

The thing is, we are not going to change manager or coaching setup anytime soon. Therefore we need to give this set up time.

If not it begs the question 'who would you bring in?' Which starts a thread of unrealistic manager targets that sadly won't look at us twice for the money we can offer.

So your choices are complain and waste your energy, time and effort doing so or get to games either home or away and support the club and by club I mean the management, the staff and the players.

The thing is, we are not going to change manager or coaching setup anytime soon. Therefore we need to give this set up time.

If not it begs the question 'who would you bring in?' Which starts a thread of unrealistic manager targets that sadly won't look at us twice for the money we can offer.

So your choices are complain and waste your energy, time and effort doing so or get to games either home or away and support the club and by club I mean the management, the staff and the players.

Another option is just not go to games at all - an option I can see more people taking...

Another option is just not go to games at all - an option I can see more people taking...

Which is something I don't understand. The mentality of 'If my club is crap, I'd rather have no club at all' is baffling to me. Those people would be the first to come flooding back if we go on a cup run or if we have an upturn in fortune which is great but it doesn't sustain a club through the dark times like we seem to be in at the moment. Why would you want to see your club die a death when it most needs fan base?

Which is something I don't understand. The mentality of 'If my club is crap, I'd rather have no club at all' is baffling to me. Those people would be the first to come flooding back if we go on a cup run or if we have an upturn in fortune which is great but it doesn't sustain a club through the dark times like we seem to be in at the moment. Why would you want to see your club die a death when it most needs fan base?

I can't see many people thinking in those terms, more that it's just a bit pointless watching the same show every week with no sign of it getting any better. As has been said elsewhere, it won't be the fans that kill club it'll be the board's incompetence..

I can't see many people thinking in those terms, more that it's just a bit pointless watching the same show every week with no sign of it getting any better. As has been said elsewhere, it won't be the fans that kill club it'll be the board's incompetence..

Agreed, the board have dented the club by some of the decisions made recently and I can't see those decisions becoming any better over night. What I'm saying is us fans can do something with the part we have control over. That is to support our team.

I've mentioned it a couple of times, and I'm still in a minority, but I'd go cap in hand to Johnson. A year ago, we had a group of players who were proud to pull on the shirt and run through a brick wall for us. Johnson was the leader of that. The same group of players have become cowards this season and have us precariously close to that drop zone...

Sinnott's right.

He suits the club and the players responded to him, for the most part. Whether he could do it with the amount of hate he'd have would be a different matter.

It'd feel like we weren't going round in circles appointing rookies, as well. We're in dire straits this season. The players are truly :censored:ing pathetic - they need somebody who can whip them into shape and motivate them.

Not that it's relevant, cos Corney wouldn't have him back.

I've mentioned it a couple of times, and I'm still in a minority, but I'd go cap in hand to Johnson. A year ago, we had a group of players who were proud to pull on the shirt and run through a brick wall for us. Johnson was the leader of that. The same group of players have become cowards this season and have us precariously close to that drop zone...

Wilst he has taken a team into that same drop zone, below ourselves.

If he comes back, I'm out.

Agreed, the board have dented the club by some of the decisions made recently and I can't see those decisions becoming any better over night. What I'm saying is us fans can do something with the part we have control over. That is to support our team.

I admire your commitment to the cause, but I think I've reached the point where I don't think the club are doing enough to deserve my support.

With the greatest respect to you, I couldn't care less if you were in or out. A manager that knows what he's doing is more important than you (or me) being there...

Fair point on caring if I'm there or not.

Does he know what he is doing? Relegation Zoned Barnsley fans would disagree.

My reason for not going wouldn't be his managerial skill or lack of. His morals, the fact he owes me £100 for shelling out on orient whilst he is having a job interview. He can do one.

With the greatest respect to you, I couldn't care less if you were in or out. A manager that knows what he's doing is more important than you (or me) being there...

I would argue he knew what he was doing, some shockng displays under him against some poor teams particularly at home, defensive negative football we only really performed well in the local aways when he managed to motivate the team well.