Is Dunn the right man?

David Dunn's Managerial Magic  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who believes David Dunn is the right manager to keep us up and take us forward?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Corney is here any manager will find it an uphill struggle. That's not to say that there isn't one that could come here and do the job, because its certainly not impossible, although it often feels that way. Even so, would the owner fight tooth-and-nail to keep him if we had any succes? Probably not.

After 11 games it really is too early to judge Dunn. The likelihood is that any manager is going to need a significant period of time to build any success here anyway.

Edited by NewBlue

As long as Corney is here any manager will find it an uphill struggle. That's not to say that there isn't one that could come here and do the job, because its certainly not impossible, although it often feels that way. Even so, would the owner fight tooth-and-nail to keep him if we had any succes? Probably not.

After 11 games it really is too early to judge Dunn. The likelihood is that any manager is going to need a significant period of time to build any success here anyway.

Of course it's too early to judge, isn't stopping people though.

For me, the team has to be when all are fit - 4-3-3, it fits in all of our best players and that midfield is easily capable of creating enough chances.

What does everyone think?

Coleman/Cornell (much of a muchness)

Dummigan Wilson Wilson Mills

Jones Kelly Winchester

Poleon Cassidy Forte

For me, the team has to be when all are fit - 4-3-3, it fits in all of our best players and that midfield is easily capable of creating enough chances.

What does everyone think?

Coleman/Cornell (much of a muchness)

Dummigan Wilson Wilson Mills

Jones Kelly Winchester

Poleon Cassidy Forte

Obviously Philliskirk will be in there somewhere, and Yeates (to the manager) would be over Poleon, but I like that.

A competitive League One side, especially when you add in some of the loanees we've got competing for places.

That's practically an improved version of last season's side...

Dunn's had more games than Kelly hasn't he now? Genuinely don't reckon we'd have been any worse off if Kelly had been given longer.

I agree 100%.

I don't think David Dunn will be gone anytime soon no matter how results go. I think the club realised they made a mistake with Kelly and the only reason they wont do it again is beacause they dont want to look incapable of getting the right manager in. So we are now hoping a man with no experiance can keep us up again. To me he looked just as clueless as kelly did on the sidelines. We have taken our most natrually gifted footballer and made him manager. He should be on the pitch ripping teams apart doing the role John Sheridan did for us.

I agree 100%.

I don't think David Dunn will be gone anytime soon no matter how results go. I think the club realised they made a mistake with Kelly and the only reason they wont do it again is beacause they dont want to look incapable of getting the right manager in. So we are now hoping a man with no experiance can keep us up again. To me he looked just as clueless as kelly did on the sidelines. We have taken our most natrually gifted footballer and made him manager. He should be on the pitch ripping teams apart doing the role John Sheridan did for us.

He was pretty crap on the pitch, I'm afraid.

I watched him walking around the pitch, completely disinterested against Peterborough and thought to myself "This is exactly the kind of leader we need in charge of this side."

I watched him walking around the pitch, completely disinterested against Peterborough and thought to myself "This is exactly the kind of leader we need in charge of this side."

Yep, it's a complete myth that he can do it on the pitch.

Against Fleetwood when we were hanging on for the win, he was a complete passenger, for example.

John Sheridan of the '98/99 season he aint..

Edited by JoeP

This. He was completely mute on the touchline yesterday too.

Dunn's had more games than Kelly hasn't he now? Genuinely don't reckon we'd have been any worse off if Kelly had been given longer.

This is worse than it was under Kelly, Peterborough aside....

I don't think we would have done any worse under Kelly but there'd have already been complete mutiny in the stands if he'd been presiding over the same results & performances Dunn has served up since taking over.

Or maybe not - we'd have been watching Dunn play, therefore, the results and enterntainment level may have been better.

Dunn is probably getting a lot of slack from a some fans with no appetite for sacking another manager so soon after the last one :lol:

Dunn is probably getting a lot of slack from a some fans with no appetite for sacking another manager so soon after the last one :lol:

We all know that if we sacked Dunn, we'd just get some other manager that has no experience. Most likely someone no one has ever heard of again, like Kelly.

When Johnson left, we waited 3 months, and then appointed Sunerlands under 9s coach as manager. That board would just do something similarly as stupid again, so what would be the point of firing Dunn?

I think the club realised they made a mistake with Kelly and the only reason they wont do it again is beacause they dont want to look incapable of getting the right manager in.

Don't want to look incapable! They're well past that stage.

Since Johnson left they have given the job out three times to Holden, Kelly and Dunn. Between them they have managed two home league wins.

Johnson has been back twice and won as many.

Going to be a long winter if you lot are indicative of the wider support.

We are a Forte, a centre half and a centre forward away from being a decent side, they will arrive in January.

As the great Take That once sang, have a little patience.

If we're taking advice from Take That songs, I think "Pray" might be more appropriate..

We all know that if we sacked Dunn, we'd just get some other manager that has no experience. Most likely someone no one has ever heard of again, like Kelly.

When Johnson left, we waited 3 months, and then appointed Sunerlands under 9s coach as manager. That board would just do something similarly as stupid again, so what would be the point of firing Dunn?

Who coaches Sunderland's under 9's now?

Surely he can't do any worse than Dunn's doing?

Don't want to look incapable! They're well past that stage.

Since Johnson left they have given the job out three times to Holden, Kelly and Dunn. Between them they have managed two home league wins.

Johnson has been back twice and won as many.

when you put it like that, you can not argue. Edited by Aarondo Westy