Is Dunn the right man?

David Dunn's Managerial Magic  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who believes David Dunn is the right manager to keep us up and take us forward?

• Yes
    • No

Fair point on caring if I'm there or not.

Does he know what he is doing? Relegation Zoned Barnsley fans would disagree.

My reason for not going wouldn't be his managerial skill or lack of. His morals, the fact he owes me £100 for shelling out on orient whilst he is having a job interview. He can do one.

Barnsley fans would have probably have a very different opinion to Rochdale fans on Keith Hill.

As has been said, some managers just fit a club.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barnsley fans would have probably have a very different opinion to Rochdale fans on Keith Hill.

As has been said, some managers just fit a club.

We had what.. 4 months of relative "success" under Johnson? We had more than that under Dickov. We were also battered beyond belief by Yeovil and MK too.

Hill had a 3 years, a promotion and their highest league position before he went to Barnsley. It isn't comparable.

Edited by pukka

Of course he would. I like my job but if i was offered more money to do the same job at a rival company then am going.

No problem with someone moving on in the right circumstances - Johnson left at a crucial point in the season to go to Barnsley.

That should never be forgotten or forgiven.

I would argue he knew what he was doing, some shockng displays under him against some poor teams particularly at home, defensive negative football we only really performed well in the local aways when he managed to motivate the team well.

Swindon at home when we went 5th in the league was pretty good....

Another option is just not go to games at all - an option I can see more people taking...

Which is something I don't understand. The mentality of 'If my club is crap, I'd rather have no club at all' is baffling to me. Those people would be the first to come flooding back if we go on a cup run or if we have an upturn in fortune which is great but it doesn't sustain a club through the dark times like we seem to be in at the moment. Why would you want to see your club die a death when it most needs fan base?

You could argue boycotting a game might be one of the only ways to demonstrate dis-satisfaction with the way things are going...

Whether wanting to show dis-satisfaction or not, if we were at home on Tuesday night I honestly don't think I could be arsed going I'm that bored with it.....

Edited by HarryBosch

Swindon at home when we went 5th in the league was pretty good....

I agree until Wilkinson went off after 15mins, then we got battered sat in and clung on for dear life, great result but Johnsons biggest flaw for me was 11 behind the ball when we went a goal up, I know we went two up at home to Swindon but once Wilkinson went off we went defensive.

I agree until Wilkinson went off after 15mins, then we got battered sat in and clung on for dear life, great result but Johnsons biggest flaw for me was 11 behind the ball when we went a goal up, I know we went two up at home to Swindon but once Wilkinson went off we went defensive.

That was :censored: at the time, I'd give my right bollock for it now.....

Sorry, deyeres but that is rubbish.

We battered Walsall, dominated Burton and should've beat Gillingham, if not for a deflected equaliser.

The individuals aren't the difference, although Gills and Walsall do have a few very good players.

They've got twice as many points as us, that all down to the managers?

You could argue boycotting a game might be one of the only ways to demonstrate dis-satisfaction with the way things are going...

Whether wanting to show dis-satisfaction or not, if we were at home on Tuesday night I honestly don't think I could be arsed going I'm that bored with it.....

I see what you are saying, HB and Joe and I frequently have a tant after the game claiming I won't be going again. Indeed I threw my season ticket into the grass at the bottom of the Rochdale Road car park after the Scunthorpe game only to recover it in a 'what have I done?!!' frenzy but I still went the next games after.

Guess I must be a sadist deep down. I'd still keep going L1, L2, national league if it meant enough of us went to keep a football club.

Sorry, deyeres but that is rubbish.

We battered Walsall, dominated Burton and should've beat Gillingham, if not for a deflected equaliser.

The individuals aren't the difference, although Gills and Walsall do have a few very good players.

Yet still only yielded 2 points and conceded the first goal in all three games in the opening quarter of the game.

There was the chance to make a massive statement in February by immediately bringing in someone of Dowie's ilk, yes he'd want a wage and a budget, but the guy's proved his worth here and at Palace as a motivator. If not Dowie there were several other candidates like Rosler for example. Instead we fudged about with :censored: tactics Holden before giving the job to a complete no mark that didn't even deserve and interview. Laughably we then look to sack the guy within a month of him taking the hot seat. The owner then blames everyone but himself for delaying the stand, instead of a bright new dawn it all feels like an anti-climax and the crowds are already falling by the time we can patronise the new stand. The appointment of Dunn was a joke as was keeping Holden. I still can't believe we've people kidding themselves and hoping for the best - 2 wins in 26 matches shows there is little to be hopeful about. The most worrying aspect of the way we're run is that no one will care a jot as long as we're above the bottom four. There's only ever a reaction when we drop below that line and thereon lies the problem, there's no plan to move this club forward only a 'wait and see approach'.

I said weeks ago if Dunn and Holden are our management team at Christmas the damage will have been done and we will be relegated. There's no plan to move either the team or the club forward at any level. It all feels stale and that we've been here before. Ten years ago I'd put up with anything just to have a club now I'm just bitter that we are struggling in a league that sees Walsall, Gillingham and Burton 1,2,3 - the penny finally dropped for me yesterday that no matter who is manager and who we sign, under the present board we will stagnate, before eventually withering and dying. There was so much to look forward to this time last season yet somehow we've monumentally :censored:ed it up.....again!!!!

We've won 4 home league games since October 25th 2014...... 372 Days....

Edited by oafcprozac

Yet still only yielded 2 points and conceded the first goal in all three games in the opening quarter of the game.

There was the chance to make a massive statement in February by immediately bringing in someone of Dowie's ilk, yes he'd want a wage and a budget, but the guy's proved his worth here and at Palace as a motivator. If not Dowie there were several other candidates like Rosler for example. Instead we fudged about with :censored: tactics Holden before giving the job to a complete no mark that didn't even deserve and interview. Laughably we then look to sack the guy within a month of him taking the hot seat. The owner then blames everyone but himself for delaying the stand, instead of a bright new dawn it all feels like an anti-climax and the crowds are already falling by the time we can patronise the new stand. The appointment of Dunn was a joke as was keeping Holden. I still can't believe we've people kidding themselves and hoping for the best - 2 wins in 26 matches shows there is little to be hopeful about. The most worrying aspect of the way we're run is that no one will care a jot as long as we're above the bottom four. There's only ever a reaction when we drop below that line and thereon lies the problem, there's no plan to move this club forward only a 'wait and see approach'.

I said weeks ago if Dunn and Holden are our management team at Christmas the damage will have been done and we will be relegated. There's no plan to move either the team or the club forward at any level. It all feels stale and that we've been here before. Ten years ago I'd put up with anything just to have a club now I'm just bitter that we are struggling in a league that sees Walsall, Gillingham and Burton 1,2,3 - the penny finally dropped for me yesterday that no matter who is manager and who we sign, under the present board we will stagnate, before eventually withering and dying. There was so much to look forward to this time last season yet somehow we've monumentally :censored:ed it up.....again!!!!

We've won 4 home league games since October 25th 2014...... 372 Days....

I know we have had a few issues in the past but that first paragraph is pretty much exactly what I said to the club the other week when i went to meet simon brooke. You are 100% right and its horrible. I came away with a renewed hope and to be fair jt has only been a few weeks since but I fear for us more this year than any of the last 4 or 5. There seems to be a real feeling of 20th will do. In a league where Walsall Burton and Gillingham are the top3 its heart breaking.

It's a comparison between sides and you can't discount just how calamitous it has been at the management level at the club since February.

Smith has built this Walsall side over a few seasons, Hasselbaink is new but Burton have been a stable club with good managers with direction, Gillingham have Edinburgh at the helm who also seems to have instilled something that has run from the back end of last season.

Prozac is spot on above. We let the momentum of last season drain away with Holden and it's come to bite us on the arse, unfortunately. Add to that the appointment of a guy who was against it from the start, and wasn't capable of the task.