Is Dunn the right man?

David Dunn's Managerial Magic  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who believes David Dunn is the right manager to keep us up and take us forward?

• Yes
    • No

Don't want to look incapable! They're well past that stage.

Since Johnson left they have given the job out three times to Holden, Kelly and Dunn. Between them they have managed two home league wins.

Johnson has been back twice and won as many.

That my friend is the post of the season.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Johnson left they have given the job out three times to Holden, Kelly and Dunn. Between them they have managed two home league wins.

I'm struggling to recall a post as incisive as this one.

I would imagine that they are the ones who think he deserves a little more time with somebody else's team.

It is fairly riduculous to have voted no at such an eary stage of his tenure

I voted no. The question was about whether you believe he's the right man for job. I don't. Is that really so ridiculous?

When he is selecting from a depleted squad full of other peoples acquisitions yes it is. Give the bloke a bloody chance before writing him off.

I'm not writing him off. But asked for a opinion as to whether he's up to it, I'm definitely leaning towards 'no'.

Probably people willing to give a manager more than a handful of games before writing him off.

I would imagine that they are the ones who think he deserves a little more time with somebody else's team.

It didn't seem to matter with Darren Kelly.

that doesnt make it wrong though

Nor does getting rid of Dunn IF he is the wrong man.

There may be a core supporting Dunn only because it would be embarrasing if we also got rid of Dunn so early. Regardless of capability.

Don't get me wrong, he might be the right person and it is early, but as with Kelly there are some warning signs, hence why people are twitchy.

I can't believe that since Saturday people have voted he IS the right man

Seriously who are the jokers saying he is the right man? Must be a wind up

Probably people willing to give a manager more than a handful of games before writing him off.

I voted on Monday that he is the right man. Even given the abject first half performance against Barnsley and Dunn's conservative approach to our tactical setup, I have seen signs in certain aspects of our play that indicate we are (slowly) making some on field progress. Dunn is a rookie manager and has made too many errors of judgement, but I believe he should be given more time. Although he makes mistakes, he also reacts to readdress the play with positive results.

He has suffered through injuries to three key players but obviously has an eye for a decent player given his loan signings.

He is still learning how difficult this managerial game is.

As I posted earlier in this thread, a Yes/No vote is too black and white. Ask me again at the end of January.

I voted on Monday that he is the right man. Even given the abject first half performance against Barnsley and Dunn's conservative approach to our tactical setup, I have seen signs in certain aspects of our play that indicate we are (slowly) making some on field progress. Dunn is a rookie manager and has made too many errors of judgement, but I believe he should be given more time. Although he makes mistakes, he also reacts to readdress the play with positive results.

He has suffered through injuries to three key players but obviously has an eye for a decent player given his loan signings.

He is still learning how difficult this managerial game is.

As I posted earlier in this thread, a Yes/No vote is too black and white. Ask me again at the end of January.

Darker shade of grey though?

Yes this really sums it up, please can everyone print this out and post it to all the directors as well as graffiti-ing it on the pitch. The message needs to get through.