4 goals in ten minutes for reserves

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...only for 95% of them to be released every summer...

Rochdale budget is :censored:e, and any money they've received from fees over the last 5 years is being put into a pot to eventually buy the shares of the ground that the council and hornets rugby have.

This is why they have no option but to bring their youths through, and it isn't doing them badly up to now. Keith hill gets a big percentage of any youth player that gets sold, another reason why he insists on coaching them well and bringing them through.

So on that point you make of 95% getting released, it's something Oldham as a club need to look at and try and arrange something for us to do similar to Rochdale otherwise we're going nowhere, invest in youth ffs!!

You will find TP is not a PowerPoint man.

Out of interest, what would you say constitutes a 'PowerPoint man'? It's just a piece of software that is used in presentations.

TP is the Academy manager who was & is central to our implementation of EPPP - part of which requires full session plans to be produced. I'd say that there is more formal organisation & planning than people are willing to give credit for.

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/simoncooper1971/oldham-athletic-academy-coaching-overview-by-simon-cooper

Edited by Twisbrogan

Forgive me, not 100% and im sure someone will correct me, but is that 60 yard free kick goal legal? Wouldn't a free kick that far out be indirect and as such any attempt at goal not allowed?

I will admit I dont normally pay attention to the minutae of what type of free kick it is. Or even if im making it up that you cant shoot at goal from indirect fk's. I just thought id make sure.

Let me not divert from the fact its a shocking bit of goalkeeping!

Forgive me, not 100% and im sure someone will correct me, but is that 60 yard free kick goal legal? Wouldn't a free kick that far out be indirect and as such any attempt at goal not allowed?

I will admit I dont normally pay attention to the minutae of what type of free kick it is. Or even if im making it up that you cant shoot at goal from indirect fk's. I just thought id make sure.

No. You can have a direct free kick in your own half.

Not if it was for a foul.

In direct free kick is awarded for obstruction, dangerous play or when you fail to let a keeper release the ball!

In that position the free kick could possibly have been given for offside, which means the goal shouldn't be allowed - not sure on the decision though. Edited by MAC0AFC

Out of interest, what would you say constitutes a 'PowerPoint man'? It's just a piece of software that is used in presentations.

TP is the Academy manager who was & is central to our implementation of EPPP - part of which requires full session plans to be produced. I'd say that there is more formal organisation & planning than people are willing to give credit for.

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/simoncooper1971/oldham-athletic-academy-coaching-overview-by-simon-cooper

He has to have qualifications, but from what I've seen his methods haven't changed since he arrived as a youth coach. If you go to the match tonight you will see the difference in his tactics and the first team, a more positive style I would say.

Edited by BP1960

He has to have qualifications, but from what I've seen his methods haven't changed since he arrived as a youth coach. If you go to the match tonight you will see the difference in his tactics and the first team, a more positive style I would say.

It's how you use those qualifications that you obtain... not every coach is the same and believe me even if Darren Kelly and David Dunn had the same badges that doesn't mean they'll set up the same way and coach the same drills - they'll both have very different ways.

When LJ was manage he said that he wanted all Latics teams to play the same way - his way.

TP must have been glad when he left.

Rochdale budget is :censored:e, and any money they've received from fees over the last 5 years is being put into a pot to eventually buy the shares of the ground that the council and hornets rugby have.

This is why they have no option but to bring their youths through, and it isn't doing them badly up to now. Keith hill gets a big percentage of any youth player that gets sold,

Is he also putting it into a pot rather than spending it on soap or new clothes??

This is why they have no option but to bring their youths through, and it isn't doing them badly up to now. Keith hill gets a big percentage of any youth player that gets sold, another reason why he insists on coaching them well and bringing them through.

So on that point you make of 95% getting released, it's something Oldham as a club need to look at and try and arrange something for us to do similar to Rochdale otherwise we're going nowhere, invest in youth ffs!!

You know it, I know it....

Also, once we get a reputatation for getting kids through to playing in the first team that will help us attract more & better prospects....

I've got a couple of clients whose lads are on the books of Rochdale and another local club (possibly Bury). They spoke to several clubs and weren't impressed with Oldham at all.....

And way, way more than there should be....

It's football not the NHS or local government...

Also, once we get a reputatation for getting kids through to playing in the first team that will help us attract more & better prospects....

I've got a couple of clients whose lads are on the books of Rochdale and another local club (possibly Bury). They spoke to several clubs and weren't impressed with Oldham at all.....

Not much to shout about last night Harry, Chester's lads looked far better prospects.

I know they were just playing a bunch of school-kids, but a couple of them lads for Rochdale's academy during half-time at Spotland away were seriously talented.

Must teach them the right way really young. Dale's first-team captain captain is a 20 year-old academy product and the ginger lad, Camps, who played in their midfield, really impressed me too with some lovely passes and zeal.

They definitely do it right, and will continually reap the rewards. On the other hand, there's no question we've failed to put our lads into the first-team effectively for the last couple of years now. The lads that have earned pro contracts - Bove, Truelove, Sutherland, Gosset, Cooper - haven't had much of a chance. They might not be good enough - we don't know - but either way it's not ideal.

Edited by NewBlue